Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRAPPING GRILL SLATS ON FACELIFT

I did mine while still on the car

I had never wrapped anything before and it took me a couple of goes to get it right

In the end I found that making a template from stiff paper helped transfer the shape to the sheet of vinyl helps (it is a shallow V shape ) and then cut out the shape so you don't have loads of excess about while you are trying to apply it to the slat

You will need a hairdryer/ heat gun scissors and a sharp knife I also bought a felt edged applicator to help smooth the vinyl out and follow the contour it was only a couple of pound I got my vinyl from Amazon the size was 1520 x 600 it cost £9.77 it is more than you will need if you get it on the first attempt if not you have some to play with

I did mine semi Matt black so can't help with gloss black suggestion the stuff I used was made by TIS (Amazon)

Just type in TIS vinyl it will come up

I don't know how to link it sorry

Worked it out see below

Comment

TIS ? 1520mm x 500mm Matt / Matte Black Air Drain / Bubble Free Car Wrap Vinyl Sticker Sheet. 0.20mm, Dry Glue Technology. Bonnet / Boot / Full Wrap. https://www.amazon.c...d_XLi5vbH981ED2

Comment

No problem

Like I said I hadn't attempted anything like it before and only learnt by several goes at it

I just posted on another thread an idea try using some tinfoil to make the template it should mould easily around the slat and retain the outline which you could use as a template

Once you have a template and have cut the vinyl and removed the backing paper keep it as a template for future attempts it will save doing it again

Comment

Working...
        X