Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car looking good but what would you do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car looking good but what would you do next?

If you don't mind spending some money look at CarPro Nano technology coatings. Last up to two years. Only thing would be you'll need to strip the wax off and let it bond to the paint more easily.

Richie., on 04 September 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:
    Ok so just valeted the car last weekend after months of polishing neglect. Have to say it's nice to have it back to its best but could it be better??

I used meguiars ultimate compound/polish/liquid wax all with the DA drill fitting. The car looks so much better so I was wondering if there's anything else I can do to improve it further while its still in this positition??

Colour- technical grey

What is a DA drill fitting please ?

Comment

It's a normal household/workmans drill with a polishing bit put in instead of the drill bit. You can then add pads. If you are a novice I wouldn't try it. You'll burn your paint very easily. Buy a DAS Pro 6. Can't damage your paint as the head osilates so doesn't burn.

Comment

You can buy a full kit (rotary drill kit) for 70 quid. Pads etc. personally if you've never used a machine polisher before go with the DA! The rotary will get faster results. I just wouldn't use one!

Comment

Pressure washer out today, did all the wheel arches and car,washed and dried off. Tomorrow looks a better day weatherwise so it'll get. A polish with blackhole then finished with a coating of nattys wax paste....windows cleaned with rainex , tyres meguiars gelled, then interior is a must as it's like a skip,,,,,,,,,think blackhole is perfect for tech greys
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I definitely need to do something. Got a few swirl and other marks I need to get rid of. I'll have to look into a da then if that's my best bet

Comment

exclusiv., on 05 September 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:
              Pressure washer out today, did all the wheel arches and car,washed and dried off. Tomorrow looks a better day weatherwise so it'll get. A polish with blackhole then finished with a coating of nattys wax paste....windows cleaned with rainex , tyres meguiars gelled, then interior is a must as it's like a skip,,,,,,,,,think blackhole is perfect for tech greys

Dave, remember blackhole isn't a polish. It's a filler. Although, you are right in saying it's perfect for tech grey.

Comment

Richie., on 05 September 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:
                Just been doing the alfa in the garage tonight and got as far as ultimate compound/polish/liquid wax on wings and bonnet so that's a good start for in the morning. I hate enjoying cleaning the cars as I'm now knackered!! Felt so good having the siggy good again that it felt wrong that the newer of the two cars now looks by far the oldest!

Have to agree with the comment regarding the inside, I normally spend a Sunday afternoon washing both cars which usually leaves no time to do insides and although they look clean it's like pulling on yesterday's underwear when your driving them..... Anyway all will be well tomorrow

It's addictive mate! I just can't do that long anymore. Wish I could but everything is done in spaced out stages for me now. And you know the rules around here, Rich! Get the pics up!!

Comment

Working...
                X