Infinity system on a hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity system on a hatchback

Can anyone with the Infinity system on a hatchback confirm if there is enough room in the boot to fit a spare spacesaver wheel?

Paul
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

I've got a funny feeling the boot floor is raised to incorporate the system therefore no room for space saver. Might be wrong though!

Comment

Scotty, on 28 November 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:
      I've got a funny feeling the boot floor is raised to incorporate the system therefore no room for space saver. Might be wrong though!

I think its different for the saloon to the hatch too, can anyone confirm for the saloon then. If I get a new one would defo want the Infinity but also a spare wheel instead of that tyre gunk.
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

0011728, on 28 November 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:
        I think its different for the saloon to the hatch too, can anyone confirm for the saloon then. If I get a new one would defo want the Infinity but also a spare wheel instead of that tyre gunk.

I think someone has a picture of the hatch fitment on another thread somewhere.

Anyway. I believe that the hatch and estate have a similar arrangement. The subwoofer is mounted in a foam plastic surround under the load compartment floor, in the area between the spare wheel well and the back of the rear seats. In the case of the hatch, the load floor is raised by a couple of inches to accomodate this. The estate has under floor storage anyway, so in this case the main load floor is unaffected. In both cases, the spare wheel well is not obstructed, and will take a normal 17" spacesaver and tool kit. Actually, I think a full size wheel may fit, but don't quote me on this.

The saloon is different. I think it has 2 subs mounted under the rear window shelf, behind the rear seats.

I have an Elite estate with Infinity Sound.
        Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

This is the hatch install

Comment

Good pics, worth a 1000 words. Thanks to _pecky_

Definitely room for a spare instead of the silly emergency inflation kit.

Comment

Sorts that out!!

Comment

Brilliant. Sorted

Comment

Ooh, I like the underfloor storage trays. You don't get that with the ST, just a secondary floor. Anything that you put in there gets to slide around and thump annoyingly when cornering or braking.

Comment

Mossie, what's your opinion of the Infinity system? Are there still issues with the volume fluctuating due to the poor DSP?

Comment

_pecky_, on 28 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:
                      This is the hatch install

Richie., on 05 December 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:Pecky - is that the actual infinity amp mate? have you got any pics of it in its mounted position? Im interested in seeing what lies beneath my carpets in comparison. did you install this?
                      The top pic is the subwoofer, the bottom pic is the amp. All I have dine is unbolt it and turn it around to photograph. It is behind the panel on the right hand side opposite the fuse box.

It was factory fitted.

Comment

Tbh most factory subwoofer are quite large. I guessing this could be the actual volume the subwoofer needs, for it to function properly.

Comment

Working...
                        X