Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could allways put chicken fat in it. :blink:/> :blink:/> ::/> ::/>

Comment

Not look at me for that. I'm getting 29.4 mpg out of my Diesel 160 just now!!

Comment

The software fecked up all the mpg in 10/11 plate diesels! I can get 43/44 at the moment, believe it or not at 80-85 mph! The slower I go on the motorway the less mpg I get! Hopefully the update will be out this week to fix the issues!

Comment

Not VX diesels!

Comment

19 that's shite dude.

I get 23 with a vxr,unless I cane it then through the gears I get 2.
            sigpic

Comment

Graham, I understand what you are getting at but if you compare them to other manufactures with similar power, size, weight etc the siggy is particularly bad! I'm in a Passat 2.0 TDI DSG just now and on my daily commute it returns 41-43 mpg. In my siggy over the same route and conditions I was returning 28 mpg! That's is a marked difference! To compare further my last car was a 5 Series 520d Msport. Bigger, heavier car and a more powerful engine and it averaged 42.3 over 15k miles I owned it. In the past year my siggy has averaged 28.9 mpg. Needless to say its in VX HQ in Luton as I write trying to get to the bottom of it!

Comment

Jesus, I'm getting just over a third of that in my Auto 160!

Comment

Fursty ferrit, that is very good, best i have achieved on my 09' ST eco is 53 but that really was driving like miss daisy! Happily sit at 55-60 on the "A" roads to and from work, yes they are a bit twisty and up hill in places but good 15-20 mile straightish sections.

What year is yours, newer than mine with the dash!

Cheers

Comment

I drive my auto 160 like Miss Daisy and I'm still only getting 28 mpg even after they said its fine!

Comment

Still think its the auto not functioning properly! Its still hanging in gear! Think all my issues are torque converter/gearbox related as does Vardy! That's not controlled by sensors so ECU won't register it as a fault!

Comment

Does it not work to disengage the auto clutch when changing gear!

When my judder, shake happens there a high pitched pinking noise?

Comment

I'm guessing that's all motorway/A Road driving? I can return that if I'm doing the same and just cruising. More now after a remap however if I do any spirited driving it does drop dramatically.

Comment

Unless you're running a performance diesel or petrol then the gains would be minimal and costs more! I've never used anything but supermarket fuel in all my cars and never had fuel issues. There was a Fifth Gear report a while back that said it gave about 2/3bhp more over a tank of fuel so not worth bothering about. If you had a VXR then it would be a different story. Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum 99 etc would be required as these engines want 98 or above.

Comment

I run my remapped Diesel on Shell normal diesel. Every couple of months I throw a tank or 2 of super through it just to give it a clean out.

Comment

I would suggest that any mpg figures taken off the dashboard display is open to doubt.

My own dashboard display, checked regularly over 30,000 miles, appears consistently optimistic by near enough 8% to 10% . (Using the figure 4.546 to covert litres to gallons)

Note (before anyone jumps down my throat!) that I understand that there are many variables that can affect how the MPG is calculated e.g.

-??garage pumps can be inaccurate but this is governed by law and is limited to ???

-??the garage I generally use could be under supplying;

-??volume of fuel will change according to its temperature;

?? etc etc

but the broad suggestion is that the dashboard displayed mpg figure on my car is very optimistic.

It would be extremely interesting to know if others have a similar results.??

Dave

PS I am extremely happy with my car

Comment

Working...
                                X