Anybody had any success stories for improving MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody had any success stories for improving MPG

I'm getting 31 mpg out my 160 auto buts short journeys twice a day and its Baltic up here so car not getting up to temp. On long runs I'm averaging 45 ish! My mates 160 manual mostly motorway and Longer drives averages 48! Some have remapped with Thorney Motor Sport and I know Black Code also do one for the siggy!

Daily commute I get 40/45mpg, on long runs have achieved 60 mpg but mainly mid 50's.

A happy tractor driver />

Comment

Mines going at the end of contract far to thirsty for a modern diesel car 34 mpg is totally rubbish.

Comment

Conno is that 34 in a manual? If so that's shocking. I expect it to be worse in an auto about town but 34 from a manual is just stupid and shouldn't happen in a modern car!

Comment

I use V-Power in mine.

Used it in my previous SRi CDTi too. I think I got slight less mileage day to day, but it seemed to do dpf regens less often so probably worked out better overall.

I have previously had several bad experiences using supermarket fuels, so I avoid them.

Pity, because I could sure make use of the 10p/litre vouchers that the local Morrisons are dishing out on the weekly shopping run. />
          Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Scotty, on 29 November 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:
            Conno is that 34 in a manual? If so that's shocking. I expect it to be worse in an auto about town but 34 from a manual is just stupid and shouldn't happen in a modern car!
            yep its a manual and i get 34 mpg and its a 61 pate 160cdti with 8,780 miles on the clock will get another 10 miles on a Motor way at a steady 70 -75 mph and thats still crap

Comment

Could be worse,I get best 23!!
              sigpic

Comment

Temp dropped more today as did mpg. Sitting at 30.4. Fecking nightmare!

Comment

Tell me about it. It must be something to do with these software updates. Before they started messing about with it I was averaging 37-38 around town. Now its just pish! And I'm driving it like Miss Daisy. Think I'll just rip the arse out of it as it can't go any lower, or can it?

Comment

Ps I'm going into dealers tomorrow as they wanted to know if it was running better. It is but not in mpg terms!

Comment

They probably don't give a monkeys! They should as I won't be buying another auto off them unless they sort it big time!

Comment

Thought 2.0t's also had dmf's?

Comment

Maybe because there are far fewer 2.0t's out there compared to ~10 zillion tractors you don't hear so much about it?

Just a thought.

Comment

Chris, If it's like other siggy's on here driving faster on open roads will improve the mpg!!

Comment

LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                              X