No announcement yet.

Anybody had any success stories for improving MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve done 406.7 miles this week and I started on a full tank. My speed has been between 50-65 nothing more. Majority of the roads are A Roads and motor way.

This is the results. Is this good or still heavy?

Comment

I also find sometimes if I accelerate faster say to 70 or over the mpg increases for a bit.

It’s rather bizarre.

Comment

That doesn't look too bad to me, if the computer doesn't lie much. Can't compare to Insignia though but it's around the same on my similar sized car

From my experience the optimal driving speed for economical driving is around 70-80 km/h (around 44-50 mph). After that the air resistance starts to affect more and it will have a negative effect on the consumption, which is quite noticeably higher at 100-130 km/h (around 62-80 mph). That's why I like to drive on smaller roads with a bit lower speeds, unless in a hurry.

Comment

If my average was 51.4 MPG on my 2.0 CDTI 170 I would be well chuffed, as you did not say in your profile, I assume your car is Petrol, in which case your MPG is Brilliant...

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
          I’ve done 406.7 miles this week and I started on a full tank. My speed has been between 50-65 nothing more. Majority of the roads are A Roads and motor way.

This is the results. Is this good or still heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
            I assume your car is Petrol.
            its diesel,rev counter redlines at 5k
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It’s a diesel.

I got it to this the other day. I’m looking to trade it in on something else anyway.

Few things need doing to fix it and it’s going to cost well over a grand so I’m in two minds.

Comment

Consider a new car at 10 mpg less than this one! How much over say a year will that be on extra fuel against the cost of the correct repairs?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Remember, with an Auto you may use more fuel but you do not have the cost of replacing the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Remember, with an Auto you may use more fuel but you do not have the cost of replacing the clutch.
                    No just the full box. [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It won’t be an automatic that’s for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X