Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Vauxhall say about coolant leaks and EGR (LIARS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Vauxhall say about coolant leaks and EGR (LIARS)

dave16v, on 18 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:
    Having checked our database we have no record of any similar problem being reported within the New Vehicle Warranty period.

Semantics, this is the 3 year 60k warranty period not the lifetime one.

You can make stats. confirm anything you want! :wacko:/>

Had my egr cooler changed under warranty.

Comment

Mine failed from the plastic cooler at the front. ?32.40 from Vauxhall dealer, ?10 for coolant and an hour to change them over. Screw paying Stealer prices for anything!!

Comment

dave16v, on 18 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:
        Got another response from Vauxhall direct about coolant leaks and EGR coolers.

Having checked our database we have no record of any similar problem being reported within the New Vehicle Warranty period. However, we do hope that our contribution towards the cost of repairs in this case will demonstrate the level of support we offer to our customers.

So they are saying no one else has had their egr cooler replaced under warranty !!!! /> />

Lying scumbags

Anyone want to clarify if they have as they seem to be skirting this issue.
        In one statement they say there are no problems and in another they say they contribute toward the repair cost of the problem

Comment

Hi all, just appear to have this very same issue, lost about 1 ltr of coolant over 120miles.

Any advice? How easy is it to replace, very difficult to see exactly where it is leaking, but reading on here I am convinced this is the issue.

Is the repair kit all that is normally needed?

Thanks

Nick

Hi all, just appear to have this very same issue, lost about 1 ltr of coolant over 120miles.

Any advice? How easy is it to replace, very difficult to see exactly where it is leaking, but reading on here I am convinced this is the issue.

Is the repair kit all that is normally needed?

Thanks

Nick

126k on a 59plate

Comment

Working...
          X