Boot release button how much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot release button how much!

Mine has just started doing this. Will I get it done for free??my car is 4 years old.

Doh

Comment

grumpano, on 13 March 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:
      Mine has just started doing this. Will I get it done for free??my car is 4 years old.

Plenty of problems with this switch, and can be achieved though Vx cust care with an email, even out of warranty

Comment

Huttoftnick, on 13 March 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:
        Plenty of problems with this switch, and can be achieved though Vx cust care with an email, even out of warranty

Thanks for that thought it was going to cost me a fortune.

Comment

Well just contacted VX customer care and I spoke to a gentleman who's English was, shall we say, useless.??His reply to me when I tried to explain the service bulletin to him was. "Ring your dealer. We are not here to talk about service bulletins"??Fantastic service!

So I phoned my dealer's service dept. Again I tried to explain about the TSB. " Hmmm not sure about that one mate. I will put you through to the workshop".?? " Isn't it on your system? " I asked. No answer from him just an attempt to put me through to the workshop. I was then cut off!

Back to reception. " Can I speak to service please?". "Sorry sir all the lines are busy"

Again it all goes to remind me why I hate VX.

Comment

I have been waiting for a boot switch on my saloon for the last 6 weeks, VX say they are on back order all 900 of them, what a load of crap getting well P'd off now.

Comment

Vx replaced the whole loom ?125 inc fitting, free of charge, even though they new it was just the switch, and the dealers had the ?7 switch?

Don't give up, keep at em! They don't like it up em!

Comment

OK. I called at another dealer today Grimshaws in Manchester. And the very helpful young lady in reception went though all the recalls and TSb,??with me and there is nothing for my 09 plate Sri on the system. So it looks like my wallet is due for a bashing!!!!!!!

Comment

Send a email to vaux cust care, detail that this is a known problem, quote the tsb, i have seen 600 switches on back order, others have quoted 900, truth is vx know they are not good, don't open your wallet just yet, but worst case it will be under ?10, i think the switch is the same for st and hatch, but haven't checked.

Comment

Thanks i will try that. What is the email address?

Comment

OK repair kit switch being fitted by Grimshaws Tomoz for ?40 all in. Thanks hutto for the info.

Comment

grumpano, on 22 March 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:
                        Thanks i will try that. What is the email address?

Sorry for the late response, i found these on "google"

vauxhall.customerassistance@uk.gm.com

vauxhall.customerassistance@vauxhall.co.uk

Sent emails to both, is your boot switch sorted now?

Comment

Yes thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X