alloy wheel cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy wheel cleaners

Hi guys I have the 20 inch diamond cut alloys which are usually very shiny but they have got some road crap on them and need advice on best product to us on these

looks like they have already been damaged by some sort of cleaner?

Comment

When I washed the car last time they were lovely and shiny but I hadn't washed the car for 3 weeks and when I washed all the muck off this was the end result. So wasn't sure if there was some cutting agent to help.

Comment

Either AG Clean Wheels or my Fav Bilberry Wheel Cleaner. Just looks like road dirt, salt and general crap you pick up driving in a wet British winter.

Comment

Bilberry any good then as I don't want an acid wheel cleaner coz that will wreck the wheels. Will it get rid of that then?

Comment

I use bilberry??on mine and they are diamond cut and I have not had a problem using it

I also use poorboys alloy wheel sealant on them this combination keeps my wheels looking good

Comment

Let me blow your mind. An alkali wheel cleaner will do more damage than a slightly acidic wheel cleaner.

Ideally you want one that is around neutral

Comment

Guys just reading is it true that diamond cut alloys can only be recut of a maximum 3 times. If so do you reckon it's possible to get them power coated to look almost the same as new ones if I went for a chrome kind on the outer edge.?

Comment

Yeah you can get them powder coated. My son has just had his done. They strip everything back in a chemical bath before they do them so they're working with bare alloy.

My son's brother in law works at a wheel place so he managed to get them all done for 230 quid.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

cool i dont really want to get them power coated but they are a pain keep clean and they have already been refurbed once and at a cost 120 quid per wheel for a diamond cut which wont last long is a bit steep

Comment

Well I have solved my cleaning problem. Bought some alusol which has worked a treat. Got a proper shine back now and sealed it with poorboys

Comment

Comment

thing is john I like the two tone colour but there doesn't seem to be many powder coaters that will spray the wheels to look like orginals but I know it can be done. think they should tell you when you buy a car that has diamond cut alloys that you really need to look after them all them.

Comment

Do you guys think it would look rubbish if I had them powder coated all silver with a hint of chrome to it?

Comment

I think powder coated alloys look better than diamond cut alloys most of the time to be honest.??As soon as a diamond cut alloy gets dirty then they look no better than a painted alloy.??Once the DC finish becomes damaged they look a lot worse.??Personally speaking I don't like the high maintenance for very little gain with them.??I'd say you're best keeping up to the DC as long as you can and save up so you have the option in the future .??My dads solution to the finish on his alloys was he got another set and just swaps out the marked up ones for winter .

Comment

Working...
                              X