No announcement yet.

Replace / Repair ST Boot release switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just fitted??it,but was surprised how short the cable on the old switch was,after prising it out it gave me just over an inch of the old wire to cut old switch off and solder the new one on,i could not use the shrink tubes so used self amalgamating tape,but at least it is now working.some very good info posted on this "how to"

Comment

Does anyone have the part number or a link for the Tourer Tailgate Open/Close Switch that is fitted on the internal trim at the bottom right hand side of the motorised tailgate? Has anyone replaced this, Is it just a clip in Switch? - Thanks

Comment

Besides starting another thread I'll bump this one, my switch on a 12 ST (120k) went awol 3 days ago. stripped all down using this thread which is perfect, thanks Huttoftnick. 2 issues which happened to me, which might warrant caution or warning, just to have replacements to hand as there is nothing worse than stripping down and not have a replacement part.

1: I removed the nearside rear light cluster to get better grip on rear trim rather than pulling the thin end of the chrome strip. This resulted, on replacement, in the filaments in the 2 tail lights bulbs breaking, through the vibration, even though I was very careful. (the 2 5w ones).

2: the 4 clips at No:9 above, only one of which is visible, all broke (bar one) on removing the chrome strip, so have some spares to hand, just in case.

thanks again Huttoftnick.

Comment

Replacement arrived today. Part No. 13393912. Fitting tomorrow. Time to get the hair dryer out, not mine the wife's. Honest!

Comment

Not sure if any of you can help me, i have a 2013 facelift model 2.0 cdti grand tourer elite nav with a powered tailgate, i cannot open the tailgate to replace the release switch that has stopped working, at least i hope its the switch.i have purchased a new switch from Vauxhall part number 1339312 now costing£18.45 + vat or £22.14 inc vat. I have removed the grommet in the tailgate trim, i can see the lock but there is no lever to put the screwdriver in and turn to release the lock, i would be very greatfull if anyone knows how to release the lock.

Comment

Do you not have the the button on the key fob or the release on the drivers door ? I dont know if these are options that you have not got?

Comment

Hi lff64, i have both of these options and neither will open the tailgate, when pressed they both make something, maybe a relay, click over in the nearside rear corner.

Comment

Have a look at PlymIans thread “What’s wrong with my instruments “ he is having issues with his boot release could be similar

Comment

Hi whippet. To get my tailgate/boot open where that grommet comes out i stuck a screwdriver inside the hole and wiggled it around till i heard a rattly sort of sound and thats the lever you push with the screw driver to get it open. The reason mine wouldn’t open is the tailgate control module has had water leaking into it as well as the motor above it. The foam inside the motor casing was wringing wet. The unit makes a click but won’t work

Comment

Hi Plym Ian, i have removed the rubber grommet and looked through the hole but theres no sign of any lever, maybe Vauxhall in thier wisdom have changed that.Where is the tailgate module and moter locaited?

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPET View Post
                        Hi Plym Ian, i have removed the rubber grommet and looked through the hole but theres no sign of any lever, maybe Vauxhall in thier wisdom have changed that.Where is the tailgate module and moter locaited?
                        On the right hand side as you look in the boot behind the pull down flap thing. To get it out you’ll need a 10mm socket to undo about 7 nuts starting with the 2 on the top trim.

Im sure the lever is there just keep wiggling

Where in cornwall are you? I only ask cause im in Plymouth and could be near if you get stuck

Comment

I'm near St Austell, my grand tourer is the facelift model, i have seen pics of the said lever but its not on my lock, they may have changed things, do you have the remote with the third button and or the switch on the drivers door that switches the tailgate from fully open, three quaters open or off. I'm not sure if the 2011 model is the same as mine. I have booked the car into the local garage he seems to think he can open it, and has an endoscope to see inside the tailgate. Thankyou for your offer of help, if matt at the garage has no luck i will take you up on your kind offer, Regards Martin.
                          Last edited by WHIPPET; 26-01-2018, 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yes mine has 3rd button on fob and button in drivers door

Comment

So it looks like it maybe the module on mine, did you have to replace the module and if so do you remember how much it was?

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPET View Post
                                So it looks like it maybe the module on mine, did you have to replace the module and if so do you remember how much it was?
                                Haven’t replaced it yet but its £240+ vat from vauxhall and apparently it needs programming to the car which is £54+ vat at vauxhall or unless your garage has tech2 or simular.

Comment

Working...
                                X