No announcement yet.

headlight bulb facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should I be going for the 4300K as I want them to be brighter due to driving on dark unlit roads quite a lot.....

Comment

It depends really on what you want. The best of both worlds in my opinion is 5000k. A 5000k bulb gives out around 3000 lumens compared to a 4300k which outputs about 3200 lumens. There isn't a lot between the two really. The 4300k is without doubt the best output but doesn't quite have that led look if you don't want it to have a slight yellow look against the DRLs.

Which ever you decide on. They're a massive improvement on the standard halogens.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

No, the led DRLs are sealed. Even if they fail its a visit to the dealer to have them replaced. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't just replace the full headlight.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

As I said. It's down to preference really. 4300k is the best output, 5000k is the best colour match to the DRLs and 6000k is the best stand alone look ( though they're less lumens again, around 2800 so less output).

Comment

No problem. Talking about lumens, the stock halogens that come in the facelift only output 1875 lumens so even the 6000k xenons are getting on for a thousand lumens more.

Comment

5k for me then! The stock halogens are just awful. Two candles in the lights would give better output haha!!

Comment

gazzainsigniasri, on 08 January 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:
                I think the Pre-facelift are even worse! I have 2011 Model Sri and I have upgraded all bulbs they look a lot better defo Whiter but still not great at night.

I didn't wanna fit Led etc as thought it might Void my warranty? But after 12mths Warranty is up I'm defo going to upgrade I think.

Gaz.

Installing hids will only void the warranty on the lights. It shouldn't affect any other part of the car covered by the warranty. Anyway, any problems with the lights, just pop your old bulbs back in when to take it for warranty work on them. That's what I plan to do. I have a lifetime warranty and there's no way I was going to put up with the standard bulbs.

Taurean7, on 12 January 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:
                I bought a kit prior to Xmas from HIDS Direct and they didn't work.

Fortunately, I work near to their shop so called in.??They were very helpful, they checked the items I had bought and they worked on their test rig fine.??We tried a number of different HID kits and none worked.??In the end I got their top of the range units, along with a wiring bypass harness.

Has anyone had any problems in fitting these and getting them to work???ie, am I missing a trick???as I wire them as instructed and I get nothing not even a flicker.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I think I did read someone else had the same issue (or was it you in another thread?). I'm not sure if they got it sorted though. What year is the car?

Comment

Couple of pix of my new HID's from http://www.hids-dire...-canbus-system/ You can really see the difference between the fogs and headlamps now! Much better for lighting the road. I got 5000K HID's and next to my mates Focus ST with factory 4300K HID's, mine make his look yellow LOL. This next image is with the original halogen bulbs And this image is with the HID's from exactly the same distance from the wall to show if the pattern has changed, which it hasn't. They're a lot brighter in the flesh but the camera kept reducing the apature to compensate. No wires to cut, no holes to drill and completely reversible.

Comment

Taurean7Today, 07:53 AM

I bought a kit prior to Xmas from HIDS Direct and they didn't work.

Fortunately, I work near to their shop so called in.??They were very helpful, they checked the items I had bought and they worked on their test rig fine.??We tried a number of different HID kits and none worked.??In the end I got their top of the range units, along with a wiring bypass harness.

Has anyone had any problems in fitting these and getting them to work???ie, am I missing a trick???as I wire them as instructed and I get nothing not even a flicker.

Any advice would be appreciated

I live about 20mins away from hids direct,where abouts do you live?

Comment

Seems very odd, what year is your car? Did you remove any of the wiring harness that was supplied with the kit from Hids-direct to get the ballasts to fit into the light units? How can even their staff not even be able to get them to work on your car????

Comment

hi Burgerking1972 I live in Littleborough which is north Manchester (nr Rochdale) but I work on Trafford Park.??Hence how I was able to go to the HID shop as it is (kind of) on my way home.??I have been busy doing things to the house since Xmas, but this weekend I am free (weather permitting) so was going to try installing both bulbs to see if they work as a pair, and also try the extra loom HID Direct gave me to see if then they work.??Will keep you all posted.

If your free this Sunday there is a car meet at Trafford Park on??the car park near asda,Costco and donut place.Come there and we all can try??to get them to work.

Comment

Both shouldn't need to be installed for them to work. The first thing probably all of us who have fitted them have done is check the first one is working and compare it against the halogen in the other light. It's puzzling why you're having this problem. Especially after you had them checked at the shop. I hope you get them working. Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

After Reading your thread I visited Hid Direct as per your recommendation but unfortunately they have suspended their business. I found this https://xenons4u.co.uk/car-motorcycl...ght-bulbs.html a lot better and cheaper than all. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                            X