headlight bulb facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight bulb facelift

The bulbs to a facelift insignia are 9012,the light output is pretty poor,??there is next to nothing on the market to upgrade and even them are bad. So most of us on here have upgraded to hid kits -??35w 5000k that match in colour the led strip. You will be able to??fit the hid kit completely in the light housing so nothing is in the engine bay. Had mine in for 3 weeks now and all I can say and so will other members who have done their's you will not be disappointed.

I want to upgrade my lights too on the facelift! They are awful! Aren't HID kits illegal though? Or just frowned upon? I was always under the impression they were illegal. What kit do you have Burgerking1972? Looking for something to get over the next few months

Comment

Cheers stewr6r I will have a look! Not too sure Vauxhall will be happy with the warranty though.... What do you think?

Comment

Like I said had mine in for 3 weeks,not got flashed at all,got mine on recommendation from fellow member Marko301 as he done it before me, Marko301 has got a post up with pictures showing the hids fitted snuggly into headlight housing if you have a look for it.

I got my kit from we sell hids who are based in Bradford.

Like I said had mine in for 3 weeks,not got flashed at all,got mine on recommendation from fellow member Marko301 as he done it before me, Marko301 has got a post up with pictures showing the hids fitted snuggly into headlight housing if you have a look for it.

I got my kit from we sell hids who are based in Bradford.

Comment

Okay so all in all guys what is the best kit to get with the easiest install and best results for the facelift? Anyone have any links? All help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

Most of us have bought from Hids Direct and gone for this kit http://www.hids-dire...-canbus-system/

This is the original thread, Neilc started http://www.insignia-...showtopic=13585 It's pretty long but shows problems members have had receiving wrong bulbs etc... Oh, and??don't worry about the first post removing the bumper. He did that before we found out kits will fit inside the headlight housing.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Awesome thank you! Will bet getting these at the end of the month.

Thanks again!

Comment

I've ordered the set marko301 mentioned, they might come today, I'll let you know how I go on and if the right bulbs come.

Comment

Being a 64 plate facelift I'm pretty certain they all have projectors. If you look into the headlight unit from the outside of the car projectors seem to be a dome circle type style which the bulb actually sits in.... Hope that makes sense!

Tom

Comment

neillyboy, on 07 January 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:
                    Thanks guys so its the hid route is the best way to go anybody got some pictures .dont know if mine are projectors its a 64 plate sri thanks

Yeah as whippy says, It's deffo a facelift if it's a 64 plate. Projectors come as standard on facelifts. Here's a photo of mine unlit and lit (lit is 5000k to match the led daytime running light ??).
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

marko301, on 07 January 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:
                      Yeah as whippy says, It's deffo a facelift if it's a 64 plate. Projectors come as standard on facelifts. Here's a photo of mine unlit and lit (lit is 5000k to match the led daytime running light ??).

Thats the look i want from my HID kit to match the daytime LEDS.

Comment

neillyboy, on 07 January 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:
                        Cheers for the info whippy-woolley

No worries mate! Get some pics up if you do the MOD

Comment

Thats what Im going to go for is the 5k I think. Its a more OEM look haha

Comment

I've got 6000k in mine,don't really notice the blueish tinge while driving.

Comment

It's down to preference really. 4300k give optimal output and for anybody who does a lot of driving on unlit roads at night are the best to use. I personally went down the 5000k route because I don't often drive on unlit roads and I wanted them to match the drls as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X