Mileage displays 3 dashes after flat battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage displays 3 dashes after flat battery

Have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. Seems to cure some problems.

I believe your issue is exactly the same as this one.

http://www.insignia-...showtopic=10485

Comment

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a while back, had to get the car jump started after the battery went flat. I panicked when I got the 'dashes' mileage display, but after a while it returned to normal. Don't ask me how long it was, but I was getting concerned. I had to have the battery replaced eventually & it hasn't reoccurred.

Comment

kentishbloke, on 12 January 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:
        I had exactly the same thing happen to me a while back, had to get the car jump started after the battery went flat. I panicked when I got the 'dashes' mileage display, but after a while it returned to normal. Don't ask me how long it was, but I was getting concerned. I had to have the battery replaced eventually & it hasn't reoccurred.

That's really interesting and useful to know. Was the mileage up to date when it came back on.

Comment

I think it was but I couldn't remember the mileage before it displayed the dashes, wasn't expecting to have to remember it.

The battery it happened with was only just holding a charge, according to the AA patrolman who attended at the time.

I've had the new battery go flat a couple of times since & the dashes haven't made a reappearance.

Comment

It should be right. can only hope . If its out, you not the first and won't be the last to have incorrect mileage .

Comment

Working...
            X