Clay Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar

Halfords sell the G3 mitt, lot easier than the bar. My car is the same with the contamination but i use ironx first.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

I can vouch for the G3 clay mitts,,,,very good
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm still old school. Clay bar every time.

Comment

BigMelt, on 13 January 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:
        I've already got some lube but used the last of the Bilt Hamber clay. I didn't find it aggressive enough. Does the clay mitt have some bite?
        i use the bilt hamber clay but they do 3 grades. I was advised to use the middle grade as it best suits VX paint. Maybe you have the mild grade for soft paint?

Comment

I don't use QD when using the Clay Bar. Just plenty of thick soapy water. Never had a problem with heavy fallout coming off, and that's using the AG bar. More lube to let it glide should take it off. Or as some have suggested, use some IronX or a citrus pre-wash to get as much off as possible before claying.

Comment

I get my clay bars from Ebay I think they come from China but work well.

Comment

As Scotty said, you dont need to fork out on a QD when you can use soapy water or buy the 5l of carplan snampoo from B@Q for 3 quid.

Car should be de-tarred then ironx before you use clay bar/mitt if you are intending to polish or put a sealant/wax on.
              I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Steve, you'll be very surprised at how much contamination is on new paintwork.

Comment

could do it in the spring steve,,will get rid of all the **** its picked up over the winter...then as normal with your glazes and waxes
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Clay Mitts are ideal for big areas but I still prefer to use bar for some reason. I have Angelwax Clay & QD but I also have a bottle of soapy water made up with a spray cap on it that I use as well when I run out of QD. Mine is due to be done in March I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X