Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MadOnVaux!, on 19 January 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:
    This is the number for the non memory switch: 13271833

Autovaux selling for ?27. Any one know the price from vx dealer?

Comment

driweris, on 19 January 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:
      Autovaux selling for ?27. Any one know the price from vx dealer?

Probably more than that!

Comment

BigMelt, on 19 January 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:
        Autovaux will deffo be cheaper.

They can be when it's free postage......I wanted a bit of trim from them and it was something like ?8 with Postage which was about ?4.50, I got it from the dealer for ?8.50

Comment

This job is a lot more involved than a couple of wires, as I'm finding out.

Jem is amazing though, he has the patience of a saint and his helping me massively

Comment

I've not done them as yet, I have everything ready, just waiting for a day to try fit it it all.

Comment

Well you need both complete mirror units....I was lucky enough to find an Elite breaking in the same colour as mine so got them, so i'd say look for an Elite breaking in your colour.

You also need a folding mirror switch from an Astra J (the part number is in this thread), as the Insignia switch works with memory seats etc.

and the wires....well, that's the hard part and you need wires from the mirror switch, to mirror plug to the body loom on the drivers side.....power wires that go across the car to both door plugs, and wires to the mirror plug to the door plug on the passenger side.......had I known about all the wiring I probably wouldn't have done this.

Comment

Did you ever complete this?...
                i Have VX Line Nav SRI arriving Saturday...Couldn't find one with power fold mirrors anywhere and didn't want Elite...decided I would retro-fit to my car.
                There is mention of wiring diagrams etc...

Shout me back if you get a minute.

Comment

is there any chance that you have a wiring diagram that applies to the facelift insignia and power fold mirrors...didn't want the elite so have sri VX Line but want the power fold mirrors.

Comment

Yeah I completed it.....but it was on a pre-facelift and I don't have any wiring diagrams.

I also now have a facelift and wanting the powerfold mirrors

Comment

I know this is an old thread but didn't want to start a new one.

Was this ever completed?
                      Is there a how2 done?
                      And a list of parts needed?

Cheers

Comment

Do you have a pre-facelift or a facelift? The parts needs are as follows; 2x powerfold mirrors, 1 x mirror switch (there's two types 1 for non memory and 1 for memory) 1x wiring

I never did the wiring, someone made it for me, so can't comment on how it's made.

2 pins in the mirror plug, 1 in the mirror switch, 2 pins body plug. You'll need to send over the power to passenger side with some wire. Then passenger side is from body plug to mirror plug.

Comment

Thanks

I have a 2014 facelift. I've seen the switch in this thread so I've added that to my watch list.

Where did you buy the wiring?

Comment

Also can I take the painted backs off my existing mirrors rather than look for 2 the same colour?

Comment

Originally posted by ancstorer View Post
                              Also can I take the painted backs off my existing mirrors rather than look for 2 the same colour?
                              Yes you can. You can ask andy VX mods to make you the wiring, he has a website google it.

Comment

Originally posted by ancstorer View Post
                                Also,the mirrors from the prefacelift,and facelift,are the same
                                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X