Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia power fold mirror wiring diagram

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
    Yeah I completed it.....but it was on a pre-facelift and I don't have any wiring diagrams.

I also now have a facelift and wanting the powerfold mirrors
    Hi buddy. wonder if you can help. I am at end of my rope almost. I can see the how to for wiring the Astra J powerfold mirrors. Really simple & very good. Checked wiring against it for the Insignia & its somewhat different. I have the mirrors & switch & all the correct connectors. Just dont know which wires go to what pins. Would you still happen to have the wiring diagram for the retrofit powerfold insignia mirrors? Would appreciate your help

'

Comment

Hello Gibrunner
      Poop along to new members area and give us a tally Ho !
      And tell us about your car and yourself and what you like ( optional )
      Me ? I like dragggggggggggons , because I live with one , but don't let her know I said that .
      Then start a new thread
      It helps others .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Gibrunner View Post
        Hi buddy. wonder if you can help. I am at end of my rope almost. I can see the how to for wiring the Astra J powerfold mirrors. Really simple & very good. Checked wiring against it for the Insignia & its somewhat different. I have the mirrors & switch & all the correct connectors. Just dont know which wires go to what pins. Would you still happen to have the wiring diagram for the retrofit powerfold insignia mirrors? Would appreciate your help

'
        Pins 2 and 3 mirror switch
        Pins 9 and 10 in mirror plug
        Pins 7 and 8 door/body plug

Obviously the wire to send the power over to the passenger side.

Comment

Lewisham. Thanks so much.
          Just to be clear would it wire like this.

Door plug pin 7 to mirror plug pin 9 to mirror switch pin 2.

Door plug pin 8 to mirror plug pin 10 to mirror switch pin 3

Thanks Al.......

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Hello Gibrunner
            Poop along to new members area and give us a tally Ho !
            And tell us about your car and yourself and what you like.
            Then start a new thread
            It helps others .
            Obviously not eh.

Comment

Taken this long to work out how but all done. Profile wise but hope will start to fit mirrors on Saturday Hope Lewish can confirm pinout as above?

Al.......

Comment

Taken this long to work out how but all done. Profile wise but hope will start to fit mirrors on Saturday Hope Lewish can confirm pinout as above?

Al.......
                Don't have a clue, sorry. Someone made the wiring for me

Comment

Thanks anyway pal.

Comment

Thanks anyway pal.
                    Did you ever manage to figure out the wiring for the power fold mirrors?

Comment

Hi Gaz. Sorry for delay. I have fitted the mirrors driver side works spot on. Alas the passenger side doesn't want to play.
                      I have tested the drivers side & 12v goes to pin 10 on the mirror when pushing the switch down to fold the mirror in. pus switch down again for it to fold out 12v goes to pin 9 on mirror. Using a bit of logic I figured run the power wire across the car to the passenger side mirror plug & connect pin 10 & pin 9. to correspond with that on the drivers side.
                      Well bugger all happens. still drivers side works fine passanger side wont fold in. heater & mirror up down left right still works but no passenger fold in or out. I am truly stumped at the minute. More frustrating is I got the wifes astra the power fold mirrors & testing them I cam make the mirrors fold in & out on the bench but I cant replicate this on the insignia passenger mirror????? How if atall have you got on Gaz?

Comment

Hi Gaz. Sorry for delay. I have fitted the mirrors driver side works spot on. Alas the passenger side doesn't want to play.
                        I have tested the drivers side & 12v goes to pin 10 on the mirror when pushing the switch down to fold the mirror in. pus switch down again for it to fold out 12v goes to pin 9 on mirror. Using a bit of logic I figured run the power wire across the car to the passenger side mirror plug & connect pin 10 & pin 9. to correspond with that on the drivers side.
                        Well bugger all happens. still drivers side works fine passanger side wont fold in. heater & mirror up down left right still works but no passenger fold in or out. I am truly stumped at the minute. More frustrating is I got the wifes astra the power fold mirrors & testing them I cam make the mirrors fold in & out on the bench but I cant replicate this on the insignia passenger mirror????? How if atall have you got on Gaz?
                        You need to run power across from body plug to body plug and then you replicate from door plug to mirror plug like the drivers side.

Comment

Thanks Lewish.
                          There,s my Saturday taken up then. I'll bet you all it rains. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks Lewish.
                            There,s my Saturday taken up then. I'll bet you all it rains. Will keep you posted.
                            I assume you've added pins to the door plug on the drivers side as I can't remember what pins they are. Maybe it's on this thread I believe it's pins 7 and 8. Then you have to scrape your hands getting to the body side to send the power to passenger side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              You need to run power across from body plug to body plug and then you replicate from door plug to mirror plug like the drivers side.
                              Well Saturday was eventful. Mirrors now both work Lewish Thanks Matey appreciate your input
                              it was exactly as you said run a twin wire from drivers side body plug to passenger body plug pin 7 to pin 7 * pin 8 to pin 8 & all works well. checked the body plug & no pins so added these & all done. I will now go to see if all the Guinness has been striped from the shop shelves.

Comment

Hi all,

Bit of a thread hi Jack I guess. I have the face-lift model, a a pair of folding mirrors and a replacement switch. In terms of the pin side of things, what are people using for pins or piggy backing the wiring so to speak?

Im keen to get the ball rolling. Does Andy still do the wiring?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X