Tow bar electrics sports tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Rigden View Post
    Hi all. New to the insignia owners forum but found this area after having issues with my towbar electrics. I have the TEB7AS relay fitted and have suddenly lost all signals to all the trailer lights (bike rack hung off towbar).
    I have tested the bulbs by putting 12v directly on the 13pin connector pins and all ok.
    I have checked the cable cores from the relay to the towbar pins and all ok and nothing damaged.
    I have taken the relay out of the car and tested with a spare 12v battery and it triggers on all cores when another 12v added to them.
    I don’t seem to have 12v from the light cables feeding the relay from the car (it is connected to the outer lights not inner ones).
    I am scratching my head? Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks in advance.

(Insignia sports tourer 2013, 2.0 diesel auto)
    Welcome remember to introduce yourself in the new members section.

When your testing the light cable feeding the relay did you have the boot open?

Comment

Yes it was open Doh! It has just dawned on me what’s happened, so I probably fixed the issue days ago and have been running round in circles for no reason. Will close and test!

Comment

Many thanks. All working now, no idea at what point i fixed the issue over last few days or what the issue was but its all been stripped out and wired back in neatly with all the Ferrell's on cable ends etc. My guess is a dodgy ground wire connection as the end was very frayed and bent up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rigden View Post
          Many thanks. All working now, no idea at what point i fixed the issue over last few days or what the issue was but its all been stripped out and wired back in neatly with all the Ferrell's on cable ends etc. My guess is a dodgy ground wire connection as the end was very frayed and bent up.
          weclome

how's about going here...………..

and introducing yourself properly to the members.

Maybe share a pic or 2 of your car

Comment

Working...
          X