Auto Dim Interior Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Dim Interior Mirror

I have finally fitted a auto dim mirror to the snignia, it is a hybrid Vectra/Insignia mirror as the Insignia one I couldn't fathom the wiring out with the camera functions as well.

After several attempts and mirrors I used the insignia arm attached to the vectra mirror head.

I unscrewed the insignia arm and drilled the matching holes in the vectra mirror head.

I sawed off the extra bracket for the camera as it was unnecessary

I extended the cables to the colours and functions as below.

black - power from cigarette lighter

brown - earth at cigarette lighter.

white - reverse positive

grey - + wire in your interior light, this stops the mirror dimming when u put your light on

I took the cable along the headlining down the A pillar being careful for the airbag along??behind the glovebox and soldered the cables into the cigarette lighter wiring. This socket is ignition fed and powers down when ignition key taken out.

The cable up the window is slightly in view, but I am working on a rubber strip to cover it up.

ID Forum Admin Edit: Source photo links are broken so have not copied them over.

Wrong Links Posted
    Last edited by marko301; 02-09-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Posted the html instead of the bb code in error !

Comment

I hate the lights behind, it drives me mad,had it on my vectra, finally got round to changing it.

Comment

Drivers side mirror is the next mod on the list !!

Comment

Ralby, on 29 March 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:
            I have finally fitted a auto dim mirror to the snignia, it is a hybrid Vectra/Insignia mirror as the Insignia one I couldn't fathom the wiring out with the camera functions as well.

After several attempts and mirrors I used the insignia arm attached to the vectra mirror head.

I unscrewed the insignia arm and drilled the matching holes in the vectra mirror head.

I sawed off the extra bracket for the camera as it was unnecessary

I extended the cables to the colours and functions as below.

black - power from cigarette lighter

brown - earth at cigarette lighter.

white - reverse positive

grey - + wire in your interior light, this stops the mirror dimming when u put your light on

I took the cable along the headlining down the A pillar being careful for the airbag along??behind the glovebox and soldered the cables into the cigarette lighter wiring. This socket is ignition fed and powers down when ignition key taken out.

The cable up the window is slightly in view, but I am working on a rubber strip to cover it up.

Ralby, please can you let us know where you bought the mirror from?

Thanks

Comment

Ebay or scrapyard is the place ?20 ish.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X