Oil life falls quickly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil life falls quickly!

Does is go from 100 to 0 or count down very very quickly?

Have you reset the oil counter?

Comment

m8internet, on 04 February 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

On my Insignia I have found out there is a delivery mode

The engine power is reduced by 80% until 10K miles / 6 months

20% power??? - it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice puddin' !!

?m8internet, on 04 February 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

On my Insignia I have found out there is a delivery mode

The engine power is reduced by 80% until 10K miles / 6 months

20% power??? - it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice puddin' !!

Comment

m8internet, on 04 February 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:
        As for the DPF, I would not mess with them

Instead just replace when it has reached the end of its life (minimum 3 years, but expect 5 years)

How much would it be for replacement?

Comment

They aren't call stealers for no reason . I'm asking about pattern dpf.

Comment

Abu, on 04 February 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:
            Many thanks- That makes sense! now to try and convince the mapper!

An professional mapper will know that is true. The ecu is a self learning unit. Where in the country do you live?

Comment

Too far from the good mappers i know. Depends if they have done the delete correctly. Or just taking their word that they have done it. It might have took some time for the ecu to see there is a change in the car.

Comment

Worth giving a few remappers a call to see what they think of the problem and see if they say a similar thing, regards to mapping, ecu self learning, and possible dpf delete failed. Can also pm paulvectrac on here, he may know.

Comment

I'm confused as to why you say DPF DPS (there are two sensors to report two values the difference being the relevant single value, perssure differential) reads 101 and 5 and then say the two sensors are disconnected. Do you mean the reading is 101 and 5 from each sensor respectively? There are two sensors one on the exhaust side and one on the manifold side with the differential initiating a regen as required. High pressure on manifold side relative to low pressure on exhaust side exceeding a threshold will trigger a regen. If a sensor reports a value outside of the norm or no value (if for example disconnected) the ecu will apply a default value instead. This may, if the sensors are simply disconnected with an incomplete remap, result in continuous regeneration, once a threshold is reached, of the DPF and oil dilution?

Just a suggestion. This may explain why this has occurred after a remap and why it occurs after a certain period of time after reset i.e. default value is applied to either or both sensors and after a certain mileage the ecu assumes this default value has incrementally increased to trigger regen.

Hope this is of value and just a suggestion as to whats going on.

Comment

Just rereading your post, the previous still applies but, If the two sensors are disconnected with a correct remap then there should be no reading? If they were working correctly on a 'new' car then the reading would be the same for both, as both are at exhaust manifold??pressure (no back pressure due to soot on manifold side)? If the two sensors are deleted then why is there a reading at all? The fact that there is two different readings suggests that the values were stored pre-remap and need to be reset for both. If any others can shed light please advise.

Trying to help.

Comment

Based on the fact that it was fine before the remap I would think there is a gap or weakness in the remap allowing a 'phantom regen' to creep in after a certain mileage. Because the ECU does not get updated signals from the sensors to say the regen is complete and successful it continues to regen. Thats my guess. Keep speaking to remap guys I'd advise.

Comment

I think you've given reasonable time for them to sort it. I would be getting the map taken off and a new DPF put on at their expense.

Comment

Working...
                        X