How to remove all seats and replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrecting this old thread.

I'm new to the forum, and have just bought myself a 2016 2.0d (170) Insignia Sri Vx-line, what an amazing looking car.

I found a local scrap dealer had an Sri leather interior from a 2015 car so bought it :-) It should be a straight swap, but...

Can anyone help with the following:

1) When disconnecting a battery, is there a preferred method? ie just negative or positive, or both, any particular order?

2) Should I try and fit new seats without worrying about the belt tensioners? Wait to see if the airbag light stays on, or do it while all seats are out of the car. Any additional advice welcome on swapping the belt tensioners. Can anyone explain why a light would appear without swapping the tensioners?

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
      Resurrecting this old thread.

I'm new to the forum, and have just bought myself a 2016 2.0d (170) Insignia Sri Vx-line, what an amazing looking car.

I found a local scrap dealer had an Sri leather interior from a 2015 car so bought it :-) It should be a straight swap, but...

Can anyone help with the following:

1) When disconnecting a battery, is there a preferred method? ie just negative or positive, or both, any particular order?

2) Should I try and fit new seats without worrying about the belt tensioners? Wait to see if the airbag light stays on, or do it while all seats are out of the car. Any additional advice welcome on swapping the belt tensioners. Can anyone explain why a light would appear without swapping the tensioners?

Just disconnect the negative,then walk away for 20mins ,,then it's a straight swap,the seatbelt tensioners if not on the new seats ,will be a straight swap out of your current seats
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Be extremely careful when lifting the old front seats out and the new front seats in.
        The headrests don't come out so they're bully and awkward. Make sure you have the runners adjusted so they don't catch on the door panel or b post.
        When I did mine, I didn't disconnect the battery.
        I've done this swap many times so it's forgetfulness on my part, no because it's ok to do it

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Just disconnect the negative,then walk away for 20mins ,,then it's a straight swap,the seatbelt tensioners if not on the new seats ,will be a straight swap out of your current seats
          Thanks for the help, going to make a start later.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Be extremely careful when lifting the old front seats out and the new front seats in.
            The headrests don't come out so they're bully and awkward. Make sure you have the runners adjusted so they don't catch on the door panel or b post.
            When I did mine, I didn't disconnect the battery.
            I've done this swap many times so it's forgetfulness on my part, no because it's ok to do it

I think I'll seat when door cards are removed so will only need to be careful of the b post. They are heavy the seats! Should be fun :-)

When you say have runners adjusted, in what way?

Thanks.

Comment

Did it in my previous one,,straight swap,,getting the heated seats to work is a different matter though,as the wiring isn't there
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Remove rear seats first,,then when you get front seats loosened off ,take them out through rear doors,,sure that's how I did it

Comment

Did it in my previous one,,straight swap,,getting the heated seats to work is a different matter though,as the wiring isn't there
                  From what I can see, these are leather seats from an Sri, so not heated, and should be a straight swap. Correct me if you think they will be heated. I'm assuming the seats are always the same on an Sri, whether Vx-line trim or not....

Comment

They will be heated, the front ones

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                      Front seats from memory,

Lift the seat forward and unclip the wiring plug under the seat/on the floor.
                      How on earth do these clips undo? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
                        How on earth do these clips undo? :-)
                        There is a Purple (I think) tab on one end, you pull that out, it sort of slides out and the plug comes away at the same time.

Comment

There is a Purple (I think) tab on one end, you pull that out, it sort of slides out and the plug comes away at the same time.
                          Great, thanks, just pulls out and releases, would never have thought of that :-)

Comment

Hopefully last question on this :-) Seat tensioners, likely to be needed from original seats, or new ones should have them too? ie do they need swapping?

Comment

They'll only be needed if the car you got seats out of had been in a smash,and tensioners deployed

Comment

They'll only be needed if the car you got seats out of had been in a smash,and tensioners deployed
                                It's all in, took me a lot longer than I expected, but no warning lights and it all looks great. Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X