Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you got sorted

Comment

Hi, I have tried to change my seats but I can’t get the electric to work, now I can’t drive my car as the front seat is stuck close to the steering wheel. Has anyone had the same problem know any solutions? A garage wants £50 just to look at it, but I can’t drive it to them. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djequiliza View Post
        Hi, I have tried to change my seats but I can’t get the electric to work, now I can’t drive my car as the front seat is stuck close to the steering wheel. Has anyone had the same problem know any solutions? A garage wants £50 just to look at it, but I can’t drive it to them. Thanks
        have you changed seats from a same spec car as your own ? ie SRI to SRI ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi, the leather seats came out of a Vauxhall’s estate so I’m not sure if they are the same spec, Will this make a difference when fitting? Thanks

Comment

yes,if theyre out of an elite spec,theyre fully electric,most specs are just part electric and the extra wiring wont be there,,the part electric ones only operate height,and lumbar with electric,,the forward and back motion is manual
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The passagener seat is only part electronic and I put a part electronic seat back in and that still don’t work. So with fitting the correct part or full electronic seats should there be any other reasons for the electrics not working? Thanks

Comment

was the old passenger seat working,if yes,then your new one could be broken
                the extra wiring for anything that wasn't on the car from factory wont be there for adding upgraded parts

Comment

Oh dear sounds like I might have to change the seats back, thank you for ur help 😊

Comment

the wiring can be added to get them to work,theres a few I know who have done it,but don't ask me how ,,shouldn't be too hard though

Comment

Hi there see I’ve got an insignia 2015 elite I need to remove the front passenger seat just want to know the black wiring clip on the floor the holders that’s holding the wiring in is a push in clip or pull out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dany78601 View Post
                        Hi there see I’ve got an insignia 2015 elite I need to remove the front passenger seat just want to know the black wiring clip on the floor the holders that’s holding the wiring in is a push in clip or pull out?
                        You pull a clip out sideways, and then it just unclips. Took me ages to work it out first time I had to do it.

Comment

Having a look at replacing seats for leather, I read that the tensioners have to be replaced?
                          Any help kindly received

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                            Having a look at replacing seats for leather, I read that the tensioners have to be replaced?
                            Any help kindly received
                            Take the pensioners off your cloth one

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              That's a great auto correct error there!

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                                Not just a straight swap then thead
                                Ordered a set from same year elite thinking should be straight swap
                                Last edited by Alex421; 18-02-2020, 01:39 PM. Reason: Add word's

Comment

Working...
                                X