How to remove all seats and replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove all seats and replace

Hello guys. Read certain bits and seems fairly straight forward but just wondered if someone had done it a few times they could write up a quick how to on it.

I have purchased leather seats and want to change them over, how does the rear and front seats come out?

From what I have read the rear bench just pulls up and basically un clips. Heard the back of the rear seats can be a bit of a pain and heard different things... Can someone advise further on this?

Front seats heard this is two bolts and back of runners then they basically slide off? Is this true?

Anyway thanks for whoever can help.
    sigpic

Front seats from memory,

disconnect battery and leave for 10 mins for airbags to discharge.

Remove the cover off the nut on the seatbelt connector and undo that and remove the seatbelt fro the seat.

Set seats in middle of runners and unbolt the two torx bolts at the rear of the runners.

Lift the seat forward and unclip the wiring plug under the seat/on the floor.

Slide the seats out of the front mountings.

I would get help with this too as they are awkward...and don't let the bottoms of the runners catch ANY trim as they are very sharp and will damage anything they catch.

Easiest way I found was to drop the back seats (or remove them first in your case) & lift them out through the hatch

You'll probably need to transfer your seatbelt mech from your seat to the new one too....that's quite fiddly removing all the side trim and switches etc.

The rear bench does pull up from the plastic mounts, but they will break and are about a tenner each, you don't need new ones really but they do help.

Comment

Cheers mate yeah will need seat belt bits as well... Getting more and more unconfident of doing this myself:
      sigpic

Comment

Ok they are in but got service airbag warning light...messaged the seller and they said did you change the belt tensioners... I said no as they were there and he said well that's the problem...

Thanks for telling me before....

How do you change these mate I assume it's a seat out job again???
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah the tensioners is a seat out job again....and you have to take the seat side panel off with all the switches etc, which is very fiddly I found, but I followed the Haynes manual and it was easy.

If you don't have a Haynes manual, PM me

Comment

I will pm you a bit later thanks...

Confused now why I have to take that pnel off with the switches and the belt tensioner is on other side?
            sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 15 February 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:
              I will pm you a bit later thanks...

Confused now why I have to take that pnel off with the switches and the belt tensioner is on other side?

Because the belt tensioner is under the panel and switches ....who told you it was on the other side?

Comment

I thought the belt tensioner was the bit you plugged the belt into... I assume it isn't haha..

Looks like I will definitely need your help on this one.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought that when I first looked at it....but nope, the tensioner is on the left of the seat

Comment

You can get the tensioner out by just undoing the rear bolts on the front seat and tilting it forward. Bit fiddle but possible.

Just undo the torx screw, pull the plastic cover forward and unplug the connector. Then pull it out from underneath.

Comment

Unilateral, on 16 February 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:
                      You can get the tensioner out by just undoing the rear bolts on the front seat and tilting it forward. Bit fiddle but possible.

Just undo the torx screw, pull the plastic cover forward and unplug the connector. Then pull it out from underneath.

That sounds easier.....although what about the cable tie? that would be awkward to sort if the trim isn't removed.

Comment

Cheers guys... Was hoping I could just undo bolts and possibly lift out the bits that hook in so its a bit higher and do while still in the car. Will get the old seats indoors tomorrow night and take them out and then see if I think I can do it from inside the car when installing them.

Cheers for all your help.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok... Got the tensioners out of my old seats tonight. Very easy... Will tackle putting them in the new seats at the weekend. Fingers crossed
                          sigpic

Comment

All done and problem fixed... Cheers for the help
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice one mate, i'm glad it's all done

Comment

Working...
                              X