Tyre Pressure Monitor ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressure Monitor ECU

It is not clear from the linked parts diagram. But it looks like it should be where Martyn said. See item 10.

It is not shown on the inset picture of the ST though.

http://ecat24.com/op...6254,6259,6235/

I just wondered if it is actually mounted externally between the body shell and the rear bumper?
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Apologies if this seems like a daft question - but regardless of there being wheel sensors, you are sure that the car is fitted with a TPMS system?

The control indicator should be located in the speedometer dial at around about the 10-20mph area.

The pressure display should appear on the DIC between the dials, when you select the Vehicle Information Menu using the button on the left stalk, and scroll through the available options. If it is not in any of the menus, I would suggest that TPMS may not actually be fitted.

Comment

What spec is your siggy?

If the dic menu doesn't show the tpms display then it probably isn't installed.

If you bought the car used maybe the previous owner fitted a set of wheels from a car that had tpms as standard hence the sensors on the wheels?

Dean beat me to it

Comment

I don't think retrofitting TPMS is a simple plug and play process. If not originally fitted, I think the appropriate cable harness, ecu and some programming might be required.

Martyn is probably the best person to advise on this.

However, from what I can tell from previous brochures, TPMS has always been a standard fit item on the SE, at least since the 2010 range was released, which would probably mean since autumn 2009. Therefore, my assumption is that your car should have TPMS fitted, but that it is not working for some reason. I can't see why a car would be supplied with factory option 19" wheels including TPMS sensors, if the system is not fitted. But, I suppose it is possible that someone at the leasing company had the wheels swapped from another car at some point, without knowing about the sensors.

I imagine it is possible that TPMS is fitted, but that the ecu has failed. But I would have thought that some sort of error message/code would visible in the DIC. I don't know what else to suggest that would help. Sorry.

Comment

duncmill, on 20 May 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:
          Maybe its a trip to the stealers then. Could they tell me if it should be fitted from my reg no?

I should think they could tell from the Reg No. or VIN number. They should be able to access the factory's original build spec for that car.

Comment

Does sort of make sense. Sounds like someone in the parts management process got their numbers a bit out of sync.

Bit of a bummer for you though.

Comment

Retrofitting this at the moment.

I put the ECU on the 2 studs behind the bumper, it fits perfectly so assume that is the correct place

Wired it in, VCI code requested and programmed in. I get "Tyre locations not known" on start up, which isn't surprising as I haven't fitted the sensors yet.

That's the next step.

Comment

_pecky_, on 27 May 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:
                Retrofitting this at the moment.

I put the ECU on the 2 studs behind the bumper, it fits perfectly so assume that is the correct place

Wired it in, VCI code requested and programmed in. I get "Tyre locations not known" on start up, which isn't surprising as I haven't fitted the sensors yet.

That's the next step.
                Pecky, please keep us up to date on how it goes with the retrofit as if it's cheap enough i'd be very interested.

Comment

anyones working?

Comment

Working...
                  X