Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds illegal and dazzling for other road users

Comment

Karl i think i may have a fix for your drl problem. When you 1st installled the new lights when you flick the switch to sidelights would the leds come on full brightness? But in auto during the day (drl mode) they dont light up? Is that correct?

Comment

Yeah, that's it. The wire for the drl is non existent in the new lights though.

Comment

Thats no problem. Pm me your email address and i'll send you the wiring diagram that peraccurate use to dim their drl leds. This will require you to mod your wiring loom slightly or you could use this

http://www.diagnosti...light-loom.html

And apply the changes to that so you can always change it back to stock

Comment

Could you add a wire from the DRL feed to the sidelight feed? Maybe make an adapter loom like Zerocol has made?

Comment

Jaime you hit the nail on the head. The changes include combining the drl live to the sidelight live on the loom. But with diodes to stop them sensing eachother. And a resistor in series on the sidelight live to dim the leds. Well thats a basic description. Supprised that peraccurate even gave me their wiring diagram

Comment

Spot on.. the above link seems like a safer option.. think it's a forum member that makes them up too

Comment

I've pretty much done that but I'll see if I need to do it differently.

Comment

Not had time to go on my pc yet

https://www.dropbox....19-20-52-54.png

But thats a diagram i made on my phone

Basically you cut the drl wire and join it to the sidelight live wire. Put 1way diodes before the join. R1 is your load resistor to cancel the drl error. R2 is the resistor that dims your sidelights and goes between the sidelight diode and the splice point. You will need to find out the resistance of the leds by measuring to sidelight pin and ground pin on the new lamp wire the loom unplugged. R2 should be equal is resistance to leds to dim them by half

Comment

R1 goes before the drl diode and connects to ground

Comment

Working...
                      X