No announcement yet.

Replacing factory fitted CD500 navi with aftermarket Android 4.4 unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope that this unit will work - at least partially. Basically it should be a self sustaining unit that only needs power for most functions to work. What may not work are car settings and some buttons. (i hope that's the worst case scenario)

I looked at the connectors attatched to this unit and it seems that it will not use original LCD cables - so the original display should be possible to attach and use in glove box for example. (maybe some functions remain working and can be accessed through original buttons and display - not sure about that though)

Comment

Hmm, who was the contact (name) who answered you ?

Full contact details would be nice, if they are the same people who said CD500 can be replaced, i can ask them some explanation.

There is however something about it -

Unit i ordered from them is not the unit from this link (alibaba page) As they said from the beginning - they are selling me their newest unit with quad core. (at least that what they said)

On alibaba page there is some older unit with dual core (less connectors behind unit)

Comment

Hmm.. looks like a russian name. Not any of the names i had contact with.

I searched all the names from tontek-china.com that i could find but no Alexey Kochetkov. Maybe he is some kind of reseller or something.??My contact was from the company (Tontek) and they said that they consulted with their factory directly.

(But who knows what kind of game these Chinese are playing :-)

For now i just hope that at least this unit itself will work, losing steering wheel controls and some other settings would be bad, but not the end of the world.

Comment

did you managed to get center console buttons working?

Comment

hi caleb... did you finaly resolved the isue with control panel?

Comment

Originally posted by kostas View Post
              hi caleb... did you finaly resolved the isue with control panel?
              Yes - by installing both, the original unit and the aftermarket unit.

Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

Working...
              X