200bhp to 300bhp 2.0CDTI Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200bhp to 300bhp 2.0CDTI Insignia

Certainly think you'll face some mechanical problems with 300bhp but good luck with it. As for the other mods certainly check out Guvis thread and get some pictures up of yours.

Comment

Superb price for a remap. Guessing you've got a garage somewhere? Amazing mods. I'd love to see a VXR race you when you're finished (on a track of course)

Comment

How easy is it to change the lights behind the dials? I wouldn't mind a few red ones and I know my brother was after similar on his Corsa

Comment

Should be able to click on the video and share to YouTube but depends on your phone I guess

Comment

Unless it's gets written off and towed.??Then someone looks under the hood/ reads the ECU before you can remove things.

With things like this becoming more common surely insurance companies are looking for them. Especially if they can avoid paying out!

Comment

Not worth risking it really especially as if you declare mods the insurance then covers then :-)

Comment

I'm guessing the more mods they see the more likely they'll be to ask questions.

I think I'd rather pay a hundred quid more for being truthful as opposed to my insurance being invalid

Comment

It'll be a grand for you Guvi

Comment

Bloody good point, but couldn't they tell the ecu had been messed with?

CraigZ9876, on 02 May 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:
                    I can't see how this would work as to look at a map you wouldn't know if it was altered from standard unless you was really in to tuning (the specific car such as a vw/Vaux tuner etc) or had the standard map to compare it to. As to me and probably 99% of people on here wouldn't know what anything would mean if we looked at a map.

Not saying dont declare it but I can't see how they can read the ecu and say if it had been mapped.

Just to add if its a 2010 on model the insurance assessor or whoever wouldn't be able to read the map thought the obd port so would have to remove the ecu and do it on the bench. So really can't see them going that far. Like I say just my opinion I may be wrong .

Comment

Need more pictures than that. Think you need wider tyres on the back though.

Alloys look amazing

Comment

Love the wheels but not keen on the stupid sized tyres!

Comment

Completely agree. Brakes will only overheat if you keep slamming on. Just poor driving style

Comment

YM11BAD, on 26 May 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:
                            Not a poor driving style, I was ragging the **** out of my car through the country lanes 100mph+ driving like you should

Hopefully on a private road/estate and not driving like a dick on the open road.

Comment

First time looking at this thread!! Interesting comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X