fitting sinosmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting sinosmart

Hi all, my v2 sinosmart is in the country,??should be here by Tuesday all being well. Before it comes can anyone advise me the best place to put the gps sensor and I'd there is an external mic to site as well?

I had my gps thingy on the dash (double sided tape ),,,right in the corner of passenger side with the wire hidden under the trim
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I've ran my GPS receiver along the dash with the wires tucked in. Looks ok to me tbh

Comment

I fitted my unit last year & had the glove box out to get better access to fit the unit & cut a hole in the glove box to pass the cables through. If you do this (i expect you will) you'll see a cylindrical tube passing across the car behind the glove box. I put the GPS antenna on this & have had no problems with GPS??signal reception, regularly getting over 10 satellites, which is more than enough for navigation.

Comment

I left my gps behind the screen out of sight. Been up and down the country and not had any issues getting signal even in poor weather. So no need to mount it on the dash

Comment

really interested in one of these,are you all using the sino model?also I have seen on another thread that some guys mentioning the sound is not that loud when using the phone but don't know what make they were. ??are these really plug and play?looking at the kit there seems to be a lot of cables

Comment

Fair few cables, but to be honest it is pretty simple to figure and loads of above on here.??Call quality. . Honestly not tried that yet .??Fitted mine in the dark with am inspection lamp in 90 mins with a tea break.

Comment

Very easy to fit.

It is a very good device with a load of information on this forum about its use and how to fit it.

There was a lot of communication between forum members and Sinosmart, when this unit was launched, and most of the software updates

originated because of this.

The end result is a unit that blends in well with the car interior, works extremely well and is remarkably cheap.

The sound quality of bluetooth, when receiving calls, is good, but the quality of sound on the contacts phone can be pretty poor.

This can be due to the position of the microphone in the car, or in my case changing the phone gave a vast improvement.

Comment

the only things I would change would be: If the OE is in radio mode, show the radio screen constantly as it does if you turn off and back on again directly in to the radio. I would also try to suppress the "aux connected" PIP that displays all to often.

Being a programmer, I would also look to see if it was viable to intercept any of the signals such as outside temp and get those on the sino interface.

Comment

Put mine under the dash as high as I could.seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X