Navi 600 to Navi 900,...possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 600 to Navi 900,...possible?

So the nav900 has 3d maps and you can download info onto it,that sounds pretty cool!
    sigpic

And how would one download onto it??
    sigpic

Comment

Via the USB, I love mine, download a log when it comes to expences every month and pull out the business journeys. Uploaded the speedcam database and got it warning me when I get near cameras.

Shame I only have a spare unprogrammed Astra J fronted one, not sure if the navi fronts are interchangeable between models.

Comment

Right I be thick,

USB ok.how?
        sigpic

Comment

The Navi 900 SD card slot for the map has a USB slot as well you can use for music as well as navi POIs, photos etc.

Just follow the manual and import them, it's just a correctly formatted txt file in the right place on the USB fob

e.g.

-1.7646100,53.7952200,"30mph"

0.2118300,51.4064400,"Variable Speed"

-1.9092200,52.5159400,"30mph"

-0.2354400,51.3451900,"30mph"

Comment

Does that give the POI warnings and logbook features as well?

Comment

neeldub, on 20 July 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:
              I'm going to try this now. Are any of the other radio functions affected as a result ? I understand this process wipes everything clean, does that include radio presets?

answer on #21

Comment

Having carried out this hack, what is the procedure for installing map updates?

Does it still only read a Navi600 SD card, or would it now read a Navi900 SD card?

If it will read a 900 card, will that have the missing voice files or language packs to enable voice control?
                Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

martyn would be your man for that

Comment

Hi been reading this topic does a SD900 card do the same as this or would the 600 unit not be able to read the 900 sd card without doing the upgrade don't understand how the unit reads a CD when it is intended to only read from SD card.

Comment

stefburgas, on 29 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:
                      Hi been reading this topic does a SD900 card do the same as this or would the 600 unit not be able to read the 900 sd card without doing the upgrade don't understand how the unit reads a CD when it is intended to only read from SD card.

If you're referring to the Speed Cameras then just copy the file onto a usb stick and upload them into your Navi900 that way
                      Regards
                      Brian

Comment

Hi.

just tried this must be me but when I insert usb just get message saying no known format when I insert CD it comes up saying no known music format what have I done wrong.

Comment

Hi .??back again it was me I had burned wrong files to disc and USB redone both to check and unit has now woken up as a 900 showing logbook and the other settings now just got to get a speed camera site and download them to pois

Comment

Hi guys can you give me a how to on installing the speed camera to POI and where did you get your download of the cameras?? Robbie

Comment

Hi yes the option for home is greyed but if you enter your home address in the address book and then go to edit the option to input that as home address works and glad to say so do the speed camera alerts but only as visual and with a beep.??cheers arroas on the Spanish site for a great Mod.?? no need to reinstall when the nav opens just go through the available countries Uk is at the bottom.??????Robbie

Comment

Working...
                              X