polishing/wax's for red colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing/wax's for red colour

If you want to do it right, get a clay bar to do the full car before you start trying to remove anything. I've got Carbon Flash and use Autoglym soft bar and quick detailer. For swirl removal you'll need a DA polisher to get decent results. If you're doing it by hand it will take you till you sell the car to get rid of them. I've been using Sounus Paint restore lately and got good results with a Megs Yellow pad! To seal it I use CG butter Wet Wax and top it of with Dodo Juice Purple Haze. All for darker coloured cars!!

^^^^^ seconded, its all in the prep of the paint work!!

Comment

Scotty, on 09 May 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:
      If you want to do it right, get a clay bar to do the full car before you start trying to remove anything. I've got Carbon Flash and use Autoglym soft bar and quick detailer. For swirl removal you'll need a DA polisher to get decent results. If you're doing it by hand it will take you till you sell the car to get rid of them. I've been using Sounus Paint restore lately and got good results with a Megs Yellow pad! To seal it I use CG butter Wet Wax and top it of with Dodo Juice Purple Haze. All for darker coloured cars!!

Quick question ( sorry for butting in ) but scotty you say you have a carbon flash my car is black also how do I know if I have the same colour ?? Is it stated on the logbook/v5c document ??

Comment

The black insignia is Carbon Flash as far as I am aware. So it will be the same colour as mine!

Comment

Poorboys stuff is good quality but becareful what you buy and use it for. There polishes are not particularly good IMO but the Poorboys Blackhole is very good but doesn't give much protection if any at all! Another similar product is CG Glossworx Glaze! Gives a very deep shine but needs topped with a sealant or wax!

Comment

They change shades of black every so often! My brother in law has a black 530d msport on a 07 plate and it is practically navy blue. My mate has a 09 plate 320d Msport, also black but its a proper black! Just different year if make so different shades!!

Comment

Working...
            X