Discs & pads - GM v OEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discs & pads - GM v OEM?

Glow plugs are made by Beru too as another example.

Go with GreenStuff pads. It'll stop the squealing that the OME pads give.

Comment

my 2011 siggy has just done 44k,and at last service was told the discs and pads needed replacing,phoned supplying stealer who said as I bought the car from them they would do me a good price?175 fitted .my local garage who is a pal and has serviced our cars for 25 years got a pair??of 321mm front ventilated s/steel discs by trw from Germany and a set of febi front pads,both oem quality and fitted them in 45mins for ?90 all in.he said he has used both these makes??a lot and has had no problems.

Comment

I used mintex pads and discs and they quite squeeky at low speed, annoying as hell

Comment

The relationship between the composition of brake disc material??and friction pad material is ridiculously complex with a direct influence of the composition of either on the performance of the other. The only way you can establish a consistent relationship is with VX (or other manufacturer) discs and pads. If your a driving enthusiast I'd stick with original parts or upgrade discs and pads to match. It all comes down to the exact make up of the discs/pads.

Comment

Working...
          X