Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Brake Pads with an Electric Handbrake

Hi Guys,

My back brakes are sticking on my car so im going to strip them regrease all the pistons and put new pads in whilst I am at it. I have changed brakes on a load of cars and vans etc but never done one with a electric handbrake. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset the elctric handbrake once the new pads are in? Or does the handbrake use the inside of the disc as a drum?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

All you need to do is use/pump the brakes a few times before applying the handbrake again.

Comment

Let handbrake off,,,change pads on both sides,,,,pump up footbrake BEFORE applying handbrake....simple....need a piston wind back tool to wind pistons back in
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Awesome cheers both!

I got a piston wind back tool so no worries for those

Thanks again

Tom

Comment

Correct ,,,don't put it back on till footbrake has been pumped right up
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

While browsing through the opcom menus the other day I found a setting for "recalibrate" or "reset" electronic handbrake. Is this for when the pads are changed or don't we need to worry? (and as an interesting extra, my handbrake had been applied 4564 times since the car was made!)

Comment

I need to get myself the opcom kit haha

Comment

Working...
              X