X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing car after paint work advice

toonsoldier91, on 25 March 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:
    Evening everyone.

I had my car fixed 2 weeks ago. As far as im aware the door was sprayed and blended into the wing and rear door on the 10th of this month.

I aint washed my car since and im wanting to do it tomorrow as im going away on sunday for a couple days so would like her looking good for the trip away.

I snow foam,then jet wash then wash with a wash and wax dry then go over with sonax bsd.

Will it be ok to do this to the new paint work or should i leave it longer?

Thanks in advance

Should be fine - my car's rear panel where the fuel cap is located was resprayed a few days ago, washed it straight after no issues personally.

You will be fine washing it. The recommendation is to not wax a car for at least a month after paint to allow it to harden & let the solvents evaporate.

Comment

toonsoldier91, on 25 March 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:
      even using the wash and wax stuff and sonax bsd?

I wouldn't use anything with a wax content as it seals the paint.

Comment

A non wax based QD will be fine to bring up the shine a little. As Del said, stay away from anything that will seal the car. If I were you I'd Snowfoam, rinse, Snowfoam and use this as your shampoo and leave the Wash n Wax alone. If you have a QD that doesn't have a sealer or wax in it use this afterwards.

Comment

You can still pressure wash the whole car just stand a bit further away than normal (depending how close you stand in the first place).

Comment

Working...
          X