• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Side Repeater Surrounds?

Repeaters :

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c2fc696c2

devon_vxr, on 23 May 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:
    How much for those repeaters ......... you can get tint spray for the existing repeaters for around ?4.50 and its the easiest thing to DIY.

They used to be 15 pound?? taking the mick now

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Very nice indeed

Comment

When i added the surround i put the repeater in the surround then put it on the car, i waited for a hot day then removed the SRI badges carefully with a thick cloth wrapped over a flat point screw driver, and carefully removed the badges it brought off the sticky backing to and they could be re-used again in the future. Don't rush is name of the game. I have since added OPC Line badges to the wings and think they look the biz.

Comment

I bought them from a vx dealer 25 pound the pair

Comment

So you have to take the SRI badge off and the indicator cover before they will fit, then you have to heat it up and then stick it on hoping it wont fall off, this is definately my next mod
              I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

sri badge stays on mate no need to touch that, all you need to makesure is the panel is clean from dirt,wax,grease. remove the indicator i popped the towel over it and used a small flat point screw driver to lift it carefully so i didnt scratch the bodywork.??pop the bulb out clean the dirt/residue around where the repeater was. now get the surround and fix the repeater and bulb in then add it to the wing I did mine straight, think they look better. no use of a heatgun, hairdryer it stuck straight on.

Comment

That sounds easier, is it better to buy a different adhesive or use the one they send you
                  I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

I used the one they sent, its still stuck good but theres a mi-nute small gap on one side ..you could use a more powerful pad say no more nails but it will never come off.

Comment

In with you on the surrounds I think. Maybe it's because I don't want to debadge

Comment

jmagee, on 25 November 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:
                        In with you on the surrounds I think. Maybe it's because I don't want to debadge

The badges arnt affected mate, look at my picture the sri badges havnt been moved.

Comment

I have just done mine they are really easy to do just line the hole in the surround up with the hole in the wing, pop the lamp unit back in job done .

No need to remove the Sri badge to fit them either ,I have also ordered the smoked lens just as a preference

Comment

That looks so much better well done.

Comment

No errors with the led side repeaters? I like the smoked ones. Especially on the black cars

Comment

Working...
                              X