DVD800 Firmware Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD800 Firmware Update?

I think you would likely have to replace the unit for a newer unit with the later firmware installed.??Not all consumer devices can have the firmware upgraded after manufacturing, it maybe that they would have to mount the internal PCB on a rig to write to it and there is no external writing method.??You also have to tkae into account that some of the circuitry or at least components may have changed inside which is what warranted a different firmware revision in the first place.

I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on as it will meet the original specifications of when the car was sold.??That being said, best of luck.

Well done sir, such a shame that they obviously couldn't be bothered to get their facts straight.

Comment

gringolian, on 15 July 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:you could do it yourself, but the stereo needs recoding to the car once it's done apparently.
      It's this that caught my attention.

Martyn, do you know if it wipes the stored VIN via the update? or is it just the config?

Is it a way to reset used radios?

Comment

All insignias have the phone buttons present, doesn't always mean you have bluetooth fitted though.

Comment

NedLos, on 03 March 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:
          Hi!

I have a 2009 Insignia and am about to about to update as well :-)

- Can one still use the maps on the old(er) and original 2009 navi-DVD, or should one load all the relevant country maps into the flash-memory first? I think I read somewhere in a german forum about someone who got a "wrong navi-version"-kind of error when running the maps-DVD after the update... After this update, can you still run/use the original navi-DVD?

- Some people re-code, some don't. Does that relate to the equipment-level on the car? I.e. if one does not have the parking radar, Bluetooth, the fat (Infinity?) soundsystem etc., the re-coding is maybe not needed. Is there anyone out there with a large set of extras who did not re-code the radio, and still got everything to work?

Best regards

/NL

Hi,

You can still use the old maps from the original DVD, and you don't need to re-code after updating.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Ah, I thought he had meant that the mapping of the buttons had actually changed ie you press 5 but get 3!

Comment

Oggy, on 08 March 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Where is topic and\or list?!?

Is it original disk traveling from member to member or DVD image which as I know is not working?

It is an original disc, but unfortunately due to tracking issues, we cannot post outside the UK.

Comment

NedLos, on 10 March 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:
                Well, I updated yesterday, the navi maps were all there and my original maps-DVD is still compatible with the system.

But, the radio does need to be re-coded/re-programmed: I have lost the possibility to do a lot of settings. Several menus/sub-menus have disappeared after the update. I have now booked an appointment with the garage.??

Kind regards

/N

Sorry to hear you are having problems!

Have you tried with the ignition on? Some menus/items are only available in this state.

Which menus have you lost?

Comment

Just a thought, but it may not work with dvd-r, might have to be a cd-r. You might be OK, but if it doesn't work, try a cd instead!

Comment

58 will be MY09, it's the first full year after introduction. Therefore even though the latest model was introduced mid-last year, it's still an MY14.

EDIT - Just noticed your location! The UK's number plates are labelled with a new number every 6 months, March and September. This month it changed to '14' and then in September it will be '64'. This has been going on for a few years, so 2009 had '09' in March, and '59' in September.

Comment

No radio code as each unit is coded to the car.

Comment

Thanks for this. I read this last night. Downloaded today, just updated my unit and now all works fine. Took about 20 mins to install. Perfect.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X