Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Hoping someone can shed some light on my task ahead, I have pealed back the covers of the front seats to get to the headrests.

1. Does anyone know how the headrests come away from the seat frame, tried giving it a good yank but i dont think brute force is going to work. I have hunted high and low for diagrams to no avail

2. The single wire that comes from the drivers seat headrest where is the split so I disconnect it.??

Any Help would be most appreciated.

The Haynes Manual doesnt have a topic on this
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help, but would be interested in what you are fitting, and how you do it.

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i got the headrests out

When you know how its quite easy, maybe i went the long way round but theres no how tos on the web.

1. undo the back cover of the seat on the righthandside at the bottom theres a small lip give it a tug and it will release the back cover on plastic strips, when you have released both sides theres also 2 clipped to the frame of the seat and 2 small ones clipped to the backing (cage) if you like of the seat to.

2. To remove the headrest, theres as pin holding each pole in place with a nail and some brute force move it anticlockwise and it will release the headrest same with the otherside but dont pull it all the way.

3. the wire, its connected to the bottom of the seat , its just a steel rope on tensioners with a stopping block at the end (which is an arse to remove).

4. Now the headrest will just slide out.

5. It took me best of 1 hour to do it but trial and error.

Unfortunatley my dvd headrests are up at my holiday home, so al be fitting them on Saturday Evening.. heres my progress upto now, Ive decided to leave the covers undone till its all fitted :

When its all fitted and working al post some more pictures
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I've got the heated leather electric seats so I wonder how different the process is. My little one is only 6 months old but once she is older and wants the DVDs I think I prefer the clean look of built in.

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to be of some help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you ever fit the DVD headrests? If so what DVD units did you use and have you got the pics after install?

Insignia 2009 2.0 CDTI 130 SRI NAV (VXR look-a-like)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's ok I have found the other post.

Insignia 2009 2.0 CDTI 130 SRI NAV (VXR look-a-like)

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install Photos

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are xtrons :

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ede611e18

Its bin a while since i have fitted them, they come with a pole adaptor and i think u can adjust the width of the poles so they fit into your seat holes, the wires for the dvd/screens are in the poles just feed them through the holes in the seats and then the poles, theres a little rubber ring on 1 pole on each side for your desired height. I have mine right at the bottom. would say buy some cheap in ear headphones from asda as the ones that come with it are kak.