Boot Locking/Unlocking With The Key Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Locking/Unlocking With The Key Fob

For some reason i can now only unlock my boot by pressing the bottom button on my key fob and when i do the boot unlatches and lifts slightly where as before now if i unlocked using the normal door unlocking button all five would unlock and the boot didn't lift.

It doesn't sound like a big issue but when i have the key in the ignition when stopped i can't unlock the boot to let anyone gain access without now having to take the key out and then press the boot unlock button.

Anyone know why it's suddenly changed?

andy-g, on 09 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:
    By bottom button on the key fob I'm assuming you mean the boot release ?

It sounds to me like your boot switch in the boot lids failed .
    Not quite sure what you mean andy-g. Do you mean there are two ways to unlock the boot or is the boot release something completely different?

Comment

Are you using a different key? Could be something to do with the way the car unlocks as you can set it to unlock drivers door only on first click. Worth a check

Comment

Do you have an ST or Saloon? Some key fobs have 2 buttons (hatchbacks) and 3 buttons (sal, ST). Have you altered anything in the config menu?

Comment

We have two keys which are exactly the same. Both keys stopped working as before at the same time. I've tried the menu and that side of it works i.e. if i set to open all doors on first click it works or just the drivers door, that works too. I haven't had any new keys and my keys both have three buttons.

Comment

I have a sport tourer and that only has 2 buttons. Think it's more specific to spec. I'm guessing elite has the electric boot.

Comment

Yes andy it does.

Comment

andy-g, on 09 June 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:
                Id say if it opens by the remote but not by the button in the boot that the switch is knackered then mate.
                Thanks guys, looks like i need a new switch!

Comment

Thanks ApplePieBoy. I haven't had it fixed yet as it's going to need a service soon and i'll get it looked into at the same time. I'm convinced that it's not any settings at fault but the switch, however i'm presuming here and i will let everyone know the outcome and how much it cost me.

Comment

Working...
                  X