Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Tyres

i have a set with 18 alloys,they are very good and look great as well

As the weathers getting colder i can feel my dunlop sport max rt slipping on roundabout when i go round quick when in the summer they would have been fine

Comment

Just shy of ?400 on mytyres.co.uk on 16" steels with Nankang tyres.

Is it OK though to go from 19" to 16" wheels?

I'm still really torn between getting some or muddling through.

Comment

Im not too worried atm. My managed to get to work and back in my civic with almost bald tyres and last winter the snow was bad. Hopefully my summers will be ok with plenty of tread left on them

And stepping down to 16" is fine. As the diameter gets smaller the profile gets larger so aslong as the overall diameter (rim+tyre) is the same then your speedo will read ok

Comment

What are peoples thoughts of snow socks/ chains as an alternative?

If I can spare the funds think I'll get some winters though

Comment

Snow socks and chains are useless in the uk. Doesnt snow enough for them. And cant be used on roads that have no snow. You'll be taking them on and off all the time when you hit patches of snow

Comment

Thought as much. I'll have to save for wheels and tyres

Comment

The Nankang SV2 looked to be the best all round to me. I don't think I've seen anything better then C rating for wet

Comment

algreene, on 19 September 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:
                  Oh ok, best I saw was C rated wet with C rated efficiency..

That's it. Others where c wet but e efficiency...

Comment

Did you ever get sorted with these?

Comment

I'm going to see how this winter goes (assuming we get some white stuff) before deciding about winter wheels.

Comment

This is great to compare tyres

http://www.carbibles..._bible_pg4.html

So can anyone recommend some 225/55/17 Winter tyres now that I have my winter steels to put them on?

Comment

Winter tyres are available in most sizes but steels usually come in 16s so need tyres to fit

Comment

So now the other thread is locked wft?!

I don't think anyone has an attitude against certain members. Just certain suggestions/ideas. Besides getting the odd bit of stick is what keeps people coming on here.

You never said why you were considering just 2 tyres anyway.

From what Netsky said she's been told just 2 are OK before now. My thought is that I wouldn't want my back end to go. That said you could be a much better driver than me and know how to control you back end should it step out. I know in theory but never had practice.

Comment

Fair point. I'm going with 4 as I've got a set of steels to put then on. 4 winter tyres @17" will be cheaper than 2 @19" especially when I won't need to pay to change then twice a year

Comment

Working...
                              X