Saloon 6x9 Speakers fitted by anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saloon 6x9 Speakers fitted by anyone?

Has anyone fitted some 6"x9" speakers into their saloon rear shelf.??Just looking for some insight into what it entails really.

How to mount them?

Did you have to route speaker cables back to behind the dashboard?

Does the Nav 800 DVD have some sort of RCA output to connect to a amp?

If anyone had any pics of a install they've done or can give some tips I'd be grateful.??I might go the sub route eventually but initially I think more sound from the rear would balance it a lot better anyway.??It's a bit of a speculative post I know but it's just trying to get an idea before I start pulling stuff to bits.??Thanks.

I did find this which at least gives some ideas on fitting :-)

http://www.insignia-...p?showtopic=327

And the following which gives a heads up on using a amp

http://www.insignia-...p?showtopic=323

Comment

Yeah its a good days work I'd say.

Comment

To be honest I think the car does need something on the back shelf to fill the cabin properly and the enclosed boot would give some serious punch to the low tones on a good set of speakers.??That being said I'm going to go the underseat sub route initially then save to do all the speakers in future along with a decent pair of amps.??I need to do some research on that too as its clear other car sounds run through the head unit so dont want to mess that up.

I know the setup might sound decent but it really is a poorly balanced system when compared to what I had in my Volvo C70.??To my ears the speakers are about average and the amplifier in the head unit isn't that loud or clear towards peak levels.??Its a little disappointing really unless anyone has some magic user settings for the EQ that I've not been able to get.

If fitted properly 6x9's really enhance the sound, just because kids run cheap sets too loud on rubbish amplifiers shouldn't discourage you.??They would be fitted to be hidden from view by the way, I wouldn't ruin the aesthetics of the back shelf.

I would do the work myself by the way because the last time I got a firm to fit ice they made a complete ash of it that resulted in a window getting smashed on a incorrectly recessed speaker.??I trust myself more and at least know the person doing it cares about the finish.

Comment

It would probably be the first step to go that route after the sub is fitted.??I can then at least decide if I need to go the next step.??

dstev, on 15 June 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:
          Why not just get a 4 channel amp hooked up to a good set of comps in the front and good set of rear door speakers. Surely along with a sub this would sound fantastic without going near the parcel shelf?

Comment

Working...
          X