Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressure

What pressures?

The onboard display is only meant to monitor operating conditions, and will show whatever you set the tyres to, +/- a couple of psi.

It is not meant to be a super accurate representation, but rather a means of indicating abnormal conditions, such as a tyre going down, or pressures that are dangerously different across an axle.

You should still check/set your pressures regularly at each wheel, with an accurate pressure gauge.
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

35 all round will give a balance between economy and comfort.

Comment

Sirus10, on 23 January 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:
        It does says something...but not in psi. Some strange numbers in the hundreds - 230? Have tried to figure it out, but am stuck.

That's 230kpa, or 2.3bar. To convert kpa to psi, multiply by 0.145. E.g 230kpa x 0.145 = 33.4psi

The recommended pressures for all car model and tyre size combinations are in the handbook, somewhere near the back.

The tables give the pressures in both kpa and psi.

For 2.0CDTi Sport Tourer, 37psi all round is probably a good compromise setting between comfort and economy.
        Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I think so.. 42psi is listed as the rears fully loaded I think. Please check the manual first though!

Comment

After me service,

we're the 20s were at 34.vx,who know all about 'vauxhall' set them all to 30!

Now I know all the tyre sensor work at least!
            sigpic

Comment

Chubbs, on 30 January 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:
              I found that after altering my tyre pressures for a loaded car because of a journey but didn't have time to lower them again and drove with driver and one passenger I had wheel spin in damp and wet roads and that the car seemed to drift on bends without doing excessive speeds, so I'll be keeping to manufacturers recommendations of 32psi all round when cold.

agree with the sliding around although should be 32 front and 29 rear

Comment

eco is 39/38

Comment

my mistook, comfort is 32/29, I also run 18's

Comment

algreene, on 08 May 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:
                    I find wind is a massive factor for mpg.. probably more than tyre pressure.

Ah that would explain my poor mpg. Need to stop eating baked beans....

Comment

Break wind. Windows down to get fresh air. Poor aerodynamics as drag increase. Explains it all

Comment

Working...
                      X