Smelly Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly Aircon

Dettol may work but i would not recommend it as it may have other conditioners or chemicals in it. Use one of those cans designed for your air con. And defo change your pollen filter. Very easy to do yourself. Also agree that you should turn your air con off a minute before you park up and run the fan on normal to dry out the system

before I bought the insignia had a megane, had the aircon regassed due to the heat in summer as not a fan of ac normally ,anyway I noticed a smell when ac was on full, went to Halfords and bought a tin of comma aircon de-odouriser did what it said on tin and no more smell result think it was about 6 quid
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The gas kills the bacteria and mould. But the spores are??in the filter so must be replaced as well otherwise problem may come back quickly. And spores are bad for your health

Comment

mmiah, on 17 January 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:
        The gas kills the bacteria and mould. But the spores are??in the filter so must be replaced as well otherwise problem may come back quickly. And spores are bad for your health
        I agree, you should change the pollen filter every year, would also recommend you use the air-con every couple of weeks as it stops the seals from drying out and losing pressure.
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
        X