New Insignia Tail Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Insignia Tail Lights

I've noticed a few that do and a few that don't. I was wondering if it was somehow linked to either the running lights or maybe afl equipped cars light up and standard cars don't.

That can't be right.. Surely!

If they come on when you put your main beams on people will think your braking when your not. Plus I've seen them driving normally with them on so I can't imagine people driving around with their main beams on in city centres etc.

Seems s daft one if it's right.

Comment

I'm sure a mod could be done to tie these in to the normal lights

Comment

What he said^^^^

Comment

sofuse, on 24 January 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:
          I unclipped the tailgate velour trim and the lights are not wired in.??There don't appear to be any connections on them at all.??This is a quote from a Vauxhall Customer Service Manager at their head office in Luton:

So can you see a potential way to wire them up? Are the bulb holders and even bulbs there? Or are they LED?

Just another lesson for people ordering cars. GET AFL!!!

Comment

jmagee, on 24 January 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

So can you see a potential way to wire them up? Are the bulb holders and even bulbs there? Or are they LED?

Just another lesson for people ordering cars. GET AFL!!!

Did you!!
            sigpic

Comment

No but I don't hand a FL. Had I been more aware of AFL I may have

Comment

I bet the LEDs are there on every car though. Someone lend me a facelift for the day and I'm fairly sure I could get them working.

Comment

What's the fuss, you can't see them when you're driving the car

Comment

I bought a brand new Energy last week and mine don't work either. It seems a silly move by Vauxhall to have them as an optional extra on their flagship vehicle. They look so much better on models with them working. The cost difference must be very minimal considering the other standard lighting included like sun visor lights and door lights.

If I were Vauxhall, those would be the added extras while the inner rear lights would be standard look good advertising.

I'd also be interested if anyone has got them working without paying silly dealership prices.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

blacksheep, on 03 December 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:
                      Has anyone managed to figure a way of making the inner lights work on a car without AFL

Not yet but it's been looked further into in this thread http://www.insignia-...opic=17002&st=0

Weather is a stumbling block at the moment though.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Well I know no one's posted for a while about the rear boot light's (afl) I've a 2014 1.8 Sri and I've just got the dummy inserts no lights,I've ordered the illuminated ones today ?86 in total but Luton vauxhall have none so got to wait 7 days for them to come from abroad. Cannot wait.

Comment

Well I know no one's posted for a while about the rear boot light's (afl) I've a 2014 1.8 Sri and I've just got the dummy inserts no lights,I've ordered the illuminated ones today ?86 in total but Luton vauxhall have none so got to wait 7 days for them to come from abroad. Cannot wait.

Comment

Comment

Sorry about the repeat posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X