Need some advice, faults on brand new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice, faults on brand new car

Reject the car. Drive it to the dealer, leave it and take written confirmation that the car is not if satisfactory standard and demand a replacement. If it's on finance use Consumer Credit Act Section 75 and Sales of Goods Act. If it is on finance which can be a bank loan as well then get on to them and tell them your intentions. Personally I'd be asking for a full refund!

They should keep you mobile as it is their fault. Issue is if you keep driving the car you are as good as accepting it! Trading Standards and CAB plus the media can help your case! Have you call VX head office yet?

Comment

If you email customer service and cc in Duncan Alred plus Auto Express etc then they will take notice. Your finance company should be doing somersaults for you and kicking up a stink.

Comment

Get on to Vx. The dealer won't be happy you rejecting the car but will be limited in what they can offer.

Comment

Hi

I am sorry to hear the problems you are facing with the new car. My suggestion would be email the top man at Vauxhall and expalin the issues, the defects,??failure of quality control and consequences - you need transport to be mobile. and wait for their response.

Email the CEO, the Sales Director, Operations Director and I am sure they would come back with a postive response.

God bless.

Comment

I'd take video footage of the problems too and attach that to your e-mail. That way the dealership "can't find the problem"

Comment

Brillian Idea jmagee. That would be the better option and then they will have to come back with a positive response.

Comment

gringo, on 02 April 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:
                I think even though the contract is with the dealership i would feel happier keeping vx in the loop as tbh it is their cock up not the dealership... I would go as far as saying that the quality control was almost non existent on my car!??This is some of the bits i will be sending them to look at!

The quality control on the paint job is diabolical. Not to mention the shocking crease on the dash! Seeing that I'd def ask for my money back in full!

Comment

Hi gringo sorry to hear about your problems. That's total unexseptible to get a brand new car in that state. Hope you get the best result possible.

Comment

Did you email the top brass at Vauxhall with your concerns?

Comment

Hi Gringo

Just mention that in your email since Vauxhall failed the Quality Contol level and just mention the Treating Customers Fairly Policy.

Means that if you as the customer is dissatisfied, unhappy and want this to be resolved, they have to oblige.

Hope this helps and??the response will be a postive one.

Comment

Good luck buddy. Keep us posted. Give VX a kick for me as well.

Comment

Gringo, just read your story.

Absolutely appalling, no way would i want those problems corrected, even if it went back to Vauxhall. Reject the car and demand suitable transport while they source another.

Although the dealer is the seller of the car to you i don't Vauxhall will be too pleased.

Be very firm with them but try not to lose your rag.

I'm sure you will find they will resolve this, but in my opinion do not let them do any work to right the car. You will always regret it if you do.

Comment

Quality control went right out the window with your car mate eh.

Comment

Bet your life he's coming to measure the paint depth to see if any respray has taken place. If it has WHY.

Comment

Working...
                              X