Clear All

• Rother Valley Meet Sunday 27th April 2014

Start Time 10am Onwards at the address below on Sunday 27th April 2014

Rother Valley Country Park

Mansfield Road

Wales Bar

Sheffield

S26 5PQ

The postcode above takes satnavs to a nearby industrial estate 100 yards away from the park.

Parking Charges

?3.50 per car or motorcycle per day,

From M1 Junction 31 take the A57 towards Sheffield, at the roundabout take the A618 towards Mansfield, Wales Bar and Clowne, at the traffic lights go straight on and the park entrance is at the bottom of the hill on the right.

The Watersports and Activity Centre is situated at the heart of Rother Valley Country Park. It is recognised as a teaching establishment by both the Royal Yachting Association and the British Canoe Union, from this centre you can hire accessibilty scooters and cycles. Archery can also be booked through the Watersports and Activity Centre.

Refreshments and toilet facilities are available in the courtyard area with the Visitor Centre located in an 18th Century Mill.

The 750 acre park hosts a number of walking and cyclingroutes which link to the Trans Pennine Trail and Route 6 Sustrans.There are 5 lakes of which the main lake is 1 mile in length and utilised for watersports activities.

The nature reserve and park boasts the recording of over 260 different varieties of birds over the past two decades including rare birds; such as the Red-rumped Swallow seen in the spring of 2010.

There are a variety of educational packages and activities such as Junior Rangers available through the Education Team, both on and off site. These are on a number of subject areas, key stages and interests.

The Craft Centre is host to Pageant Pewter, Chris Boddy Pottery, Malcraft offers bespoke personalised gifts, toys and decorative signs made from wood.??Red Kite Gallery sells screen printed products.

Fishing is available on the River Rother, Nethermore Lake and Northern Lake in specified areas.

The Northern Lake is utilised by the Jet Ski Club, Model Boating and Northern Newfoundland Dog Club for training and events. The Northern Lake is also used for The Hovercraft Championships, charity events and corporate activities.

The main lake also is host to Sheffield Cable Water Ski.

Rother Valley Golf Centre offers 9 hole, 18 hole golf course and driving range which is run by Jack Barker.

1. Russ

Comment

1. Russ

2. Pete

3. travec19,(Steve)

4. mmiah (Mo)

Comment

Will this be a joint meet with A N other forum? As it was an ex members idea? I've already said I will attend family permitting

Comment

Good Idea

Anymore members wanting to come will be a great day.

Comment

Put me down plz Russ, cheers

Comment

1. Russ

2. Pete

3. travec19,(Steve)

4. mmiah (Mo)

5. Jmagee (Maybe)

6. Markymarcus71

Comment

+1, although I would like to In the future if a lot nearer to Cornwall.

Comment

With you there Ron. Not been out in the kayak for a month

Comment

Still haven't learnt how to roll. Stick to touring but keep intending too. Problem is no pool courses round here and the local club is all kids

Comment

bump

Comment

Is camping available to us, if so may look at coming and taking my kayak with me and make a weekend of it?

It says on the website - "camping only available on site for event customers"

Are we registered as an 'event' with them or 'just a bunch of blokes out for a meet'?

Took this over from Mark, just bare with me for the time being and al speak to him as soon as.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I hate to say this but is Rother Valley still the best place? Seems a little more North than Central.

Comment

All ideas are welcomed what do you have in mind James?

Comment

Working...
                              X