Rosetta project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosetta project

Mind boggling how they achieve such a thing.

Still cant get a phone signal at home properly, but they can remote control a satellite for 10 years then land it onto a moving comet, outstanding achievement by all.

Heard on the news as the comet has very little atmosphere when it first tried to land it bounced, then came back down again an hour later and bounced again on landing...
    Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 13 November 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:
      The great thing about this project is it is all European,??not a Yank in sight!

That's why the probe landed on the comet,if yanks had helped it would have just flown back into ship,boom!
      sigpic

Comment

ah but did we, or is that a stick on too

Comment

Well we could eventually live on the moon,if I remember....remember,,yes 'total recall'
          sigpic

Comment

Think of all the computerised systems that now control your car - and here is an image of the the Insignia Pod after just being released from Thunderbird 2??

http://news.bbcimg.c...animatedgif.gif

Roger Virgil

FAB

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 13 November 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:
              Total recall was Mars.

Both begin with M and are in space,picky git !
              sigpic

Comment

Logosgil, on 13 November 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:
                Both begin with M and are in space,picky git !

Ah, Trabant, Tesla, I get it

Comment

Penfold101, on 13 November 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:
                  And here it is folks, the post written by the person with the most narrow-minded view of science on the planet, completely unaware of all the modern technology that has come from the space programs.

Let me guess - landing on the moon was a waste of money too...?

I don't think we actually landed on the moon.??Have you not seen Capricorn one?

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 13 November 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:
                    I stayed up all night to watch the first landing on the moon. At that time it was unbelievable.

Can imagine,it was pretty amazing at the time,

I missed it,due to the state of being unborn.
                    sigpic

Comment

how selfish and inconsiderate can you get, after all the effort that had been put in to the project - *******

Comment

With that,I appoliges,
                        sigpic

Comment

Saving the best till last...
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember some one landing on a comet years ago to blow it up

Comment

I couldn't believe how big this thing is. I pictured it to be as big as a house or something. It's huuuge!
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X