1.8 SRI Petrol - Should I change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8 SRI Petrol - Should I change?

If that is your consumption for the 1.8 petrol then keep it! Better mileage than some diesels out there

I get about 33mpg round town and 40-44 on the motorway from my 1.8, tyres and tyre pressures are a big contributor.

Comment

andy-g, on 07 January 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:
      I get 36mpg from our 1.8 veccy and 29 from the 2.0t I'd be happy with it mate .

Atleast you wont have dpf dmf egr and any other abbreviation to deal with .

forgot fubb?? ??? wishbone ash

Comment

That's better than I get with my Diesel but i do have a seriously heavy right foot & regularly use the full rev range on mine

Comment

ive got a 20dti 160 I do about 26 miles a day work and back half motorway if I take it steady I get 50 on average , what I think you need to work out is how many miles you do, to how much more a diesels gong to cost you minus cheaper ( for me ) insurance and road tax, servicing ( cost me 120 full service )??or you could do it less than half that if you did it yourself

Comment

gward135, on 07 January 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:
            Get around 34-38mpg with normal driving around town, dual carriages etc. Motor could reach 43 but mainly 40ish mpg.

That's is damn good. Keep it if you don't mind the lack of power for a big car.

Comment

harrirae, on 05 January 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:
              Hey guys i have the 1.8 sri petrol and every time im on the moter way auto climate it on cruise control set to 50 mph and i get 48 to 52 mpg on a run to work and long runs . If i sit at 60mph i get 44 . 70mph gets 38 . Slow and steady for great mpg.??Oh and the 1.8 to me needs a good kickin to make it move but it dose sound good when you drive it hard right nish deep rumble
              50 on the motorway?????? Risky
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

exclusiv., on 05 January 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:
                50 on the motorway?????? Risky

Bloody dangerous. Hope he doesn't do it often.

Comment

Quite a bit of the Motorway through Glasgow is 50mph. Bit of a joke really but nothing you can do about it.

Infact the motorway speed regularly drops to 40mph & even occasionally 20mph

Comment

JDX-VXR, on 06 January 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:
                    The sections of motorway through Glasgow are 50mph and it's a pain in the backside ... Especially as it's a hot spot for traffic cops

A 3 lane motorway should never be 50mph

On the other scale, i live down a country lane, just wide enough for two cars has high hedges, blind bends and soft wet ditches, and its a 60mph road, never gets gritted in winter and floods a lot, and people try and speed down it... Madness
                    Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

You are very lucky with this mpg from 1.8👏👏 mine shows 25mpg but only if I drive like an old man😂 Other than that it's around 20..

Comment

Originally posted by yeah View Post
                        You are very lucky with this mpg from 1.8���� mine shows 25mpg but only if I drive like an old man�� Other than that it's around 20..
                        20-25mpg is shockingly poor, to the extent that I'd be suspicious that something was wrong. Our 1.8 Zafira manages high-30s mpg.

What kind of mileage does your car do? Where does your car get driven and at what speeds?

Comment

23 average mpg in mine but it's all short town driving trips. It does go up if I go on a longer journey but I never bought it for decent mpg.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            23 average mpg in mine but it's all short town driving trips. It does go up if I go on a longer journey but I never bought it for decent mpg.
                            Short journeys and town driving inevitably gives poor mpg.
                            For those that are bothered about 'poor' mpg, consider a small-engine/small-sized town car - that's what the wife and I have, which is easier to drive and park in town along with much less thirsty. Wife gets 45mpg from the Viva and it's mostly used for slow-stop-start driving in Cambridge's heavy rush-hour traffic and in the same conditions my Insignia would only manage 15-20mpg.
                            When people quote mpg figures it's important that they state the type of driving.
                            It's very possible to get a two-fold difference in mpg depending on whether the car does short/stop-start journeys or longer journeys cruising at a steady speed.
                            And of course if people accelerate hard and brake late (which seems to be the way most people drive) then mpg, brakes and tyres will suffer.
                            Short/stop-start/town journeys aren't kind to brakes and tyres either.

Comment

I'm getting 32mpg out of mine, combination of town & dual carriageway driving.

By comparison, my 1.8VVT Vectra was doing at least 10mpg more than this. Have to admit, I was expecting to get a bit less out of the Insignia with it being bigger and heavier, but even so, I was quite disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X