Tuning box new vs old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning box new vs old?

I bought a used dtuk box from eBay. It didn't work well at all on my car so I called dtuk and asked them if they could tell me what the standard out of the box setting was. He refused to tell me and offered me nothing in the way of help at all purely because it was second hand. The box was one month old!

I'd avoid second hand dtuk things for that reason alone.

The new boxes that increase pressure to the turbo as well as fuel rail don't work on my car very well either. I've found that the only box that my car really likes is the bluespark original version. Don't know why but it works fine on my car unlike any other I've tried.

Until I can get a remap it will have to do anyway

I can vouch for bluespark also, had one on mine for at least 5k miles, love extra grunt and better economy
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well if dtuk had have supported a 1 month old box that was still under warranty then I would have more than likely bought from them again.

His attitude towards me was appalling.

if you buy a dtuk box I'd definitely recommend buying new. However, as I've found out, it's worth looking around at others too as so far this bluespark jobbie is the only one that my car really works with.

Comment

I've got the ?80 tech 1 and it works perfectly so I would have thought the 2 would be goid also

Comment

Working...
        X