gear changing points and gear selection advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear changing points and gear selection advice

I have a 130 and change about 2k rpm. seems to get best mpg when cruising at 66-69 mph with cc on .
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

that`s what i was curious too, i change at about 2k but, when i am drivinf town, ususally get stuck in the 3rd with 1.5k an up until 2 k. The first one gets a little bit higher, at about 2.5 k, but the second and the third change at about 2k.

I guess, the best consumption is when the rpm is not that high, so cruising in the 6th at around 1..5k until 2k would be ok. But, as i am having consumption problems, i must be wrong ... so ...if anyone cares to enlighten me (us)...fire away !!!

In the morning, as it`s cold, i tend to let her warm for a few minutes before pulling away ...

Comment

I change at 2k, agree with gently accelerating, bit obviously not dangerously so. Even gentle acceleration in mine seems quick enough to keep pace.

80/20 spilt of motorway and town driving seems to give about 55mpg on 38psi tyres.

I have recently found that 4th at 30mph is ok as long as you're not going up any steep hills.

Sri 160 btw.

Comment

Working...
      X