Family bereavement paid time off work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family bereavement paid time off work

Hi guys anyone know the rules and regs of time off work (with pay) after family member death
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Thanks Paul, I thought it was a bit of a grey area
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

(As Paul said before I finished typing) I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. I think any leave (paid or unpaid) is at the employer's discretion.
      Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I guess the empathy is dependant on the closeness of the relative

Comment

Thanks guys,spoke to my gaffer short while ago and he seems to think I'm entitled to 3 days paid leave.

Comment

Daveb1089, on 14 December 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:
            I guess the empathy is dependant on the closeness of the relative
            my dad slipped away at 1 pm today, not a total shock to us but still hard all the same,so 3 days paid leave leaves a bit of a bitter taste after 19 years and 10 mths service

Comment

You can take unpaid time off for Bereavement.so a least your boss if being fair.

But,sorry for your loss.
              sigpic

Comment

My condolances on your sad loss. Doubly sad at this time of year.
                Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Didn't relise it was your 'dad'

Then 19 years at work,they could give you a week off.paid.

Really feel for you mate!
                  sigpic

Comment

As has been said already. Sorry for your loss especially at this time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate. My company pay me if it is a close relation (parent, grandparent or sibling) otherwise I need to use holidays. I'm sure your company will do something for you after so much service.

Comment

I was fortunate, my company pay full pay from the day a family member dies up to the funeral, In my circumstances that was over 3 weeks.

Check with your boss / company policy would be my advice.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss, pal.

It's another unfair employer's discretion rule I'm afraid. As usual, those who pay into the system get the least help when we need it.

My dad died suddenly a couple of years ago and I had no idea what my employer's policy was regarding bereavement leave. He passed at 6am so my first contact with my employer was from my perent's house just after the paramedics had left. My boss told me to take as much time as I needed and not to worry about my pay.

I only had off that day and the day of the funeral and popped out of work a few times to talk go the funeral director with my siblings. Keeping busy was the way I decided to deal with the loss but knowing I had the option made all the difference.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks guys,funeral sorted for Monday next week, glad they've got it in before Xmas

Comment

I know how it affects you exclusiv, my Mother died last month. I was offered virtually as much time off as I wanted, paid too. I just took off the day of the funeral as it happens. I am pleased you will be sorted before Christmas, hope it all goes well. My condolences to you of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X