Ebola in Glasgow......its here !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola in Glasgow......its here !

Woman in Glasgow diagnosed with Ebola, sounds like she was a care worker from sierra leone...
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Yeah she returned to the country last night and was admitted to hospital this morning according to the news. Surprised it has taken this long to get here to be honest.

Comment

I bet the passengers that were on the same plane will be shitting themselves....
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Oh aye the odds are pretty high that there will be queues at A&E of people that were on that plane haha

Comment

del19_82, on 29 December 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:
          Oh aye the odds are pretty high that there will be queues at A&E of people that were on that plane haha
          Just said on the news that all the passengers on the 2 planes she travelled on have been contacted

Comment

bradleymarky, on 29 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:
            I bet the passengers that were on the same plane will be shitting themselves....

Hope not isn't that one of the signs?

Comment

There have been aid workers from other countries with it. These people shouldn't be allowed back into the country without being quarantined first

Comment

Put her back on the plane. All our service centres are out there.

Comment

Yur all doomed !!!!!!!!! , but jmagee is right they should have there passports taken off them until they are all clear so they cant bring it back with them..

Comment

Another one being checked. It will be a plane full soon. Always a worry when the authorities say there is very little risk. It's??usually a euphemism for 'Gird your loins'!!!

Comment

Sounds like someone in cornwall has got it.....

Comment

She isn't the first in UK. It's second case. Scotland does have an infectious diseases unit and it's one of the best in the world. The UK centre for Ebola treatment happens to be in London. Gartnavel where she was is world renowned. She was a NHS Lanarkshire nurse out helping in east Africa. Incubation period can be anything up to 3 weeks so very difficult to screen. What I would suggest is if any medical staff are returning then they are held for a few weeks in quarantine to ensure its not present.

Comment

I also see that the nurse was tested 7 times at Heathrow when she declared she was feeling unwell and the medical staff failed to spot it. Think in terms of one ups on the Scots or English I think the word is touch?.

Comment

Totally agree. To let her on a flight when she said she felt feverish is just plain negligence. Even with a slight suspicion she should have been held back with them knowing she came in from Sierra Leone.

Comment

Saw that earlier. Hopefully just a blip and she'll pull through.

Comment

Working...
                              X