bulb type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulb type

Sounds expensive.. From what I read here it's a dealer replacement.

Not certain.. Don't have AFL.. See link below

http://www.insignia-...?showtopic=3187

Comment

Maybe not..

Comment

It'll be an H7 I would imagine, it's only a dealer job if the unit needs replaced which is damn expensive for AFL

Comment

JDX-VXR, on 16 February 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:
          It's a D1S bulb, the H7s are only in the standard headlamps.

As far as I know 4300k is the optimum temperature to give maximum brightness in all weather conditions

An increase will only make them further towards blue/purple in colour but will be less bright overall and start reflecting back on rain or fog.

Found this useful info:

Based on Philips datasheets an avg. 4100-4300K bulb (85122) can produce 3100-3400 Lumens, while a 4800K (85122CM) goes down to 2800 Lumens and 5800K (85122WX - Ultinon) goes down to 2400 Lumens. There is a noticeable difference in the output between these bulbs.

You learn something new every day . Thanks dude

Comment

tonytango, on 16 February 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:
            I am sorry??JDX-VXR?? but they are a lot brighter than the standard bulbs , have you seen the difference or just read about it ?

I've seen the difference. I've tried loads of different colour temp bulbs. I always settle for 5000k as they are still bright but also not as yellow as standard.

The original 4300k bulbs you had have probably dimmed over time and as its a gradual process you would not notice it until you put new bulbs in. Even the 10000k you have will probably be brighter than the well used originals but if you took those out and put in some osram cbi 5000k's you'd see a much brighter light again.

Comment

Not no good but not as good. That's why lots of fog light and all weather bulbs are yellow.

Comment

Very happy with my bm,but the lights are no where near as good as the afl's .
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X